odor during period
I recently started having this strong odor with my period. It's nothing like a normal musty blood odor but more of a disgusting bitter smell. I have never had this odor before and am unsure why I do now. I am 25 years old and have had normal cycles since i way 12. My cycle began 2 days ago and this month has been particularly stressfull for many reason but i dont know if that would have any effect. i also have an IUD and have for the last 4 years without any problems so I am at a loss. any help would be greatfull.
See a doctor, tell her your symptoms, and get checked for bacterial vaginitis and anything else that the doc thinks might fit.  Check the symptoms of BV and see what you think, too.  Often its hallmark is a bad smell during or just after the period.