off the pill for almost 6 months and im having irregular periods, not s...

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

off the pill for almost 6 months and im having irregular periods, not sure why?

I was on the pill for a good 4 years, and suddenly in March i decided to take a break from it, just cause i wasnt sure if being on the pill for a long period of time was a good thing or not. Anyway ever since i stopped taking the pill my periods have been irruglar to me. I get them alot sooner then before about 24-29 days apart. There alot heavier, and they last for about a week. Also when i have sex with my boyfriend and my periods due the next week i start to bleed during sex. im not sure at all whats going wiht my body to be honest.  I just recently got my period yesterday, and it was totally different then how its been first off i didnt get the cramps which i always get, and the color is off. Its a brown/dark bright red/black color. and it looks like slimy clots. I dont know maybe im just losing it but im just worried about the whole thing. i dont know if all this is due to my coming off the pill or if something is wrong with me. Nothing like this ever happened when i was on the pill. Please advise. thanks
Avatar n tn
I've had similar issues...off the pill for 6 months, and now my periods are actually longer days apart  34-42 days.  And, I've had spotting and stuff too.  And, some spotting right after sex.  Sorry I don't have any answers, but it seems like it is not unusual!
The pill thins the lining of your uterus, so your periods are lighter and shorter. It also keeps your periods regular. Sounds like this is just how your periods are when you're not on the pill.

If the only reason you stopped the pill was because you were concerned about being on it too long, don't worry. You can take it for years and years without any problems at all :-)
Avatar n tn
well thats good to hear that im not the only one. I was just a bit worried now i feel alot better. thanks
KTowne, and Des_a_rae commented on KTowne's status
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
krichar commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals