oh where oh where, did that tampon go?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

oh where oh where, did that tampon go?

TMI i know!   i put a tampon in before i went to sleep last night and when i woke i went to the bathroom, like usual, NO tampon!
i don't know where it went.
what would it feel like if u had a tampon stick inside of u?
would it cause extra cramping?
thankx in advance.......
shyan
i meant to say stuck insude u.......
sorry
Did you check everywear? If you don't see it then I would go to the Doctor ASAP!!!
Well, if it's not in your underwear and it's not in your bed, then it's still up inside you.  

For lack of a better way to say it, stick your finger in there and feel around for it.  

The vagina is not very deep so you should definitely be able to feel it with a finger.  Hopefully you can coax it out once you find it.
i had one where i couldnt find the string! i had to squat down and stick my finger in there. i was able to get it but the squatting is what really seemed to help.i ALMOST was at the point of asking my husband to go fishing. now, thats love!  i think you still have it in there, you just cannot locate the string.
well i checked again, and still couldn't find anything, i think i felt my cervix though so i am no longer thinking that it is there, it's not in my bed or anywhere else so.... so it's turning out to be quite the mystery for me, i know i put one in last night...
hmmmm.....
but when i checked, i put 2 fingers up there and when i pulled them   out there alot of small blood clots on my hand, does that mean it's not in there (for sure)?
thankx, shyan
(sorry about the TMI)
no, that doesnt mean its not in there. could just be very saturated and cannot hold anymore so its as if its leaking. maybe you got up in the middle of the night and took it out and you just dont remember? i may continue to feel around for it. did you open the legs and squat down? i still say theres more of a chance its in there than not.
hi!it is rare but it can happen. i left my tampon in to long and got tss and then it  also caused me to get PID b/c with the tampon in it was able to travel up to my uterus and stuff. i just think that if she is 100% sure that it was in then it has to be in there somewhere and i would see a dr to make sure rather than risk it staying in and causing a infection. good luck!!!
if you can not find it still i would go see a dr as soon as possible. that could cause a infection or even toxic shock syndrome and these are both very dangerous and if not treated can cause lots of problems and infedility. please go to the dr if you did not find it......
could TSS cause senitivitiy(sp?) to light?
tss is very RARE. also, if you are still having your period, i may wear a pad until its done. until you are 100% its not there. although you seem pretty confident that its not.
so i squatted and beared down, nothing's up there.
i must have slept walked or something last night.
just to weird for me.....
thankx to all of u for ur helping advice....
shyan
i did not say the tampoon was in my uterus(it was in place) i said i left it in to long and the infection traveled and spread. if you are not bleeding that much and leave in a tampoon too long it can cause problems. i was not telling her it was in her uterus i just know from my experiance if you leave a tampoon in too long (even in the right spot)it can be bad. trust me i know i was in the hospital for over a week b/c of it. tss is rare but it does happen...... and with the tampoon in it traveled up and caused PID..
ok everyone, it's not in there....
no need to worry anymore.....
thank-u to all of u and all of ur advice.......
shyan
I think it's impossible for your tampon to get into your uterus.  Your cervix would have to dilate in order for a tampon to get in there, and dilation doesn't happen unless you're in labor.  You didn't get PID from a tampon being in your uterus.  I don't dispute that you got an infection though.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but to shyan, that cannot happen.  

Shyan:  If you felt in there with two fingers and squatted then I'm sure you went to the bathroom in the middle of the night in a very sleepy state and just don't remember it.  I've realized in the morning that I've done that a few times.  It sounds like it's out - the vagina isn't very big.  If you have any doubts, go to the doctor, but I'm sure you're fine.  Use pads the remainder of this period to make double-sure that it's out.

Good luck, hope this helps!
I understand what you meant now.  When you said "it" you meant the infection and I read "it" to mean the tampon.  Yeah, I don't dispute that you got PID, I was just disputing that the tampon was in your uterus, but it's all good now, I understand what you mean.
Your tampon cannot travel up into your uterus.  That is bullshit.
do you sleep walk by chance????????
your tampon isn't in your uterus.  You have a thing called a cervix.  That would be pretty painful if you ask me.  
Check under your bed
Check in your bed
Check in the toilet
Check in your closet
But rest assured it is not in your uterus.
I think you might be taking it out in the middle of the night and doing something with it.
Sleep walking!
My daughter had that happen.  It was left in her for at least a week.  She didn't know it was up there.  She started smelling really bad.  Somehow she found it.  Fortunately there were no bad effects from it.  She was really lucky
oh my, she really is lucky she didn't get infection.  
you guys do realize this happened to her over a year ago right? i think it is resolved by now. lol

i have lost one, it had to be "fished" out...what a scary experience.
my head hurts and i think i lost my tampon what do i do i am very scard!
I'm on and i can remember going to the tolet and poteing one in but when i got home it had gone i'v asked my mum who works for the ambelanc serves and she said i must ov not pote one in but i'v pote my fingers up and still cant fined any thing HELP !!!!