only spotting due to heavy stress??
Hi all..Is it possible to have only spotting (period) due to heavy stress? I found out my Father is going to die last January 18th and I have been under the most amazing stress since then 1 month ago..it has been 4 weeks now and my period is due again...last period was normal a month ago, and this month only spotting, and nothing else...could I miss this period due to extreme stress and being so upset? thanks everyone..this is really an issue for me.
ummm it could..but then again it might not....I would suggest going to the dr and asking them just to make sure that there isnt anything wrong; although you body may just be going through a menstrual Change....

Hope that helps!

Love Light and Peace
I would consult a DR at this point.  Stress can stop you from ovulating, which could make you miss a period altogether or make it come later than expected.  It seems a little unusual to me that you would continue to have spotting instead of your regular peiod.  It may be nothing, but you might want to get it checked out just to rule anything out.

BTW, I'm really sorry to hear about your dad.  I lost my mother many years ago and it is still very difficult.  I hope that you get through this difficult phase as peacefully as possible.
I have missed a period or been several weeks late due to stress at certain times in my life.

Yes stress can play many tricks on your body!!
Im am very sorry to hear about your dad, my thoughts are with you
not a problem my period did show up anyway yesterday..a perfect 28 day cycle
I was under a lot of stress the week after my period, which resulted in me not starting my next period until TWENTY-ONE (21) days late. This was really abnormal for me. I thought that I was pregnant for a couple of weeks, but the tests came back negative. When I went to the doctor, she explained that the week of your period and the week following your period determine whether you will start your next period on time. Because of the stress that you were under, it is HIGHLY likely that it influenced your start date. Additionally, because the stress is continuing, it is HIGHLY likely that it is causing your period to be pushed back. I would still recommend going to a doctor because it is better to be safe than sorry, but it is likely that everything is alright.
I had the same thing happen to me and it was definately stress!!!