osteopath ethics question
Hi. I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but I am trying to understand ethics of an osteopath in Canada. This is in regards to a friend of mine.

She has been seeing an osteopath and he said her uterus was in the wrong position and it needed to be moved and that he had to move it by going into her vagina.

I understand all of that, my question is: Is it normal for there not to be a nurse or another doctor present when he does this? She said she signed a paper and that he offered for a female nurse to do it, but she said she trusted him, but I know in the US it's normal still to have a nurse or somebody else present right? Or is it pretty common for it to only be the doctor and her? Thanks for any help. I am trying to just understand and I am sorry if this is the wrong forum.
Your friend should firstly get an ultrasound uterus done to check the position of the uterus and then discuss the treatment options only with a qualified gynecologist. An osteopath cannot correct uterine positioning just by maneuvers.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.