ovarian cysts and foul smelling period

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

ovarian cysts and foul smelling period

Hello, I was on birth control for about 6 years and went off it a year ago, since then I've had very normal periods until in May I discovered I have 2 small ovarian cysts.  I had a sonogram and was told that 1 is the normal cyst I get when I ovulate and the other is very regular and will go away.  I haven't checked if they've gone away yet, but for the last 3 months my period has been about 5-6 days early and this month it is darker, more like a purple color with a very foul odor like a decay.  I recently started taking prenatal vitamins as my husband and I are going to start trying soon, and wanted to make sure that everything is okay.  Any thoughts?  The odor scared me more than the shift in my cycle as one of my friends is 4 months pregnant and I think I was synced to her.
Tags: Cyst, Period
Anyone over age 65 should remember ...
26 mins ago by gymdandee
IGF1 and Muscular Development
2 hrs ago by gymdandee
gymdandee commented on Protein Dessert That ...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals