ovarian cysts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

ovarian cysts

About 10 weeks ago I started getting pains in my lower right abdomen. I went to my gyno who told me I had a cyst that ruptured and alot of fluid left that would go away eventually. She told me to come back right after I get my next period because the lining of my uterus was a little thicker than it should be. I went back and the lining of my uterus was normal but the ultrasound tech said I had a lot of cysts on my right ovary and a few on my left. When I went back for a consultation with my gyno she put me on birth control and said to wait 3 to 5 months and if the pain was unbearable we would discuss surgery. It has been 6 weeks and the pain seems to just get worse and move all around. I have pain on my right side (upper and lower abdomen) and horrible pain in my back and right leg. I am worried that the cysts might be getting bigger, or there is something else wrong like appendix, gallbladder,etc. Any incite would be greatly appreciated.
Hey Mary,

Sorry to hear you are going through this painful experience!  I have had cysts before and I know they are painful. I am on bc to help regulate things also and I have to say it does help. Are u still in a lot of pain?  Are u running a fever or anything?  Have u started bc yet?
I haven't had a fever. The pain isn't unbearable, but it is definatly still there every day all day. My back is the most painful area. The pain in my upper and lower abdomen and side are more of a concerning pain. Not sure if it's the cysts or some other problem.
I would say to try a different doctor! I know that pain on your side when u have a cysts and nothing will get rid of it it is the worst!  If u have been on bc for 2months than the u should have a problem with cysts anymore, unless it is old ones rupturing which can be very painful.  I would at least let ur current doctor know that u are still in pain and then go from there!
I have been on bc for 2 months. The dr said that it would only stop me from getting new cysts and wouldn't help the ones I have now.
I would try to go to a different doctor, its not fair for anyone to live with all that discomfort, I currently have a Cyst in the same location your describing and it has been hurting for 8 days now. The one thing I will share that The ER doctor told me is that a cyst cant grow in size over night, its important to recheck them every two weeks if you still have pain to make sure they are the same size.