ovarian cysts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

ovarian cysts

About 10 weeks ago I started getting pains in my lower right abdomen. I went to my gyno who told me I had a cyst that ruptured and alot of fluid left that would go away eventually. She told me to come back right after I get my next period because the lining of my uterus was a little thicker than it should be. I went back and the lining of my uterus was normal but the ultrasound tech said I had a lot of cysts on my right ovary and a few on my left. When I went back for a consultation with my gyno she put me on birth control and said to wait 3 to 5 months and if the pain was unbearable we would discuss surgery. It has been 6 weeks and the pain seems to just get worse and move all around. I have pain on my right side (upper and lower abdomen) and horrible pain in my back and right leg. I am worried that the cysts might be getting bigger, or there is something else wrong like appendix, gallbladder,etc. Any incite would be greatly appreciated.
Hey Mary,

Sorry to hear you are going through this painful experience!  I have had cysts before and I know they are painful. I am on bc to help regulate things also and I have to say it does help. Are u still in a lot of pain?  Are u running a fever or anything?  Have u started bc yet?
I haven't had a fever. The pain isn't unbearable, but it is definatly still there every day all day. My back is the most painful area. The pain in my upper and lower abdomen and side are more of a concerning pain. Not sure if it's the cysts or some other problem.
I have been on bc for 2 months. The dr said that it would only stop me from getting new cysts and wouldn't help the ones I have now.
I would say to try a different doctor! I know that pain on your side when u have a cysts and nothing will get rid of it it is the worst!  If u have been on bc for 2months than the u should have a problem with cysts anymore, unless it is old ones rupturing which can be very painful.  I would at least let ur current doctor know that u are still in pain and then go from there!
I would try to go to a different doctor, its not fair for anyone to live with all that discomfort, I currently have a Cyst in the same location your describing and it has been hurting for 8 days now. The one thing I will share that The ER doctor told me is that a cyst cant grow in size over night, its important to recheck them every two weeks if you still have pain to make sure they are the same size.
I've been dealing with ovarian cysts since 08-09.I was yoldn in have chocolate cysts on my ovaries. I've tried the nuvaring as means to shrink the cysts and I was feeling better.  I've had pain on my right side, pain under my belly button, gas, bloated, constipation, back pain, heavy periods,tenderness near my c section cut and severe gas and gas pains can't have a bowel movement w/a laxative I feel so uncomfortable. Just been miserable. I've been to 2 different doctors and one wanted to remove my last ovary and the other said it might be a stomach infection. But she couldn't say what infection it was. For months now I can't sleep or really eat because I've been so terrified. I'm so scared I just don't know what to do. I really want to have more children but I just can't take another second of this pain. I would love to have the surgery if I can get my life back. Motrin and narcotics can only take the pain away for so long.  But I'm so terrified of Drs, hospitals and going to sleep in surgery. I really need some help and encouragement and reassurance.  I just don't want anything to be wrong. I cant handle anything more. Please please please help me!

switched doctors twice just to get a second opinion and now I'm terrified. One dr wanted to do a hystorectomy
I've been dealing with ovarian cysts since 08-09.I was told I have chocolate cysts on my ovaries. I've tried the nuvaring as means to shrink the cysts and I was feeling better the only downside is I would continuously keep putting the nuvaring in and skipped periods.  I've had pain on my right side, pain under my belly button, gas, bloated, constipation, back pain, heavy periods,tenderness near my c section cut and severe gas and gas pains can't have a bowel movement w/o a laxative. Some people think its IBS, or appendix.  I feel so uncomfortable and dehydrated. I just don't drink a lot of water. Just been miserable. I've been to 2 different doctors and one wanted to remove my last ovary and the other said it might be a stomach infection. But she couldn't say what infection it was. For months now I can't sleep or really eat because I've been so terrified. I'm so scared I just don't know what to do. I really want to have more children but I just can't take another second of this pain. I would love to have the surgery if I can get my life back. Motrin and narcotics can only take the pain away for so long.  But I'm so terrified of Drs, hospitals and going to sleep in surgery. I really need some help and encouragement and reassurance.  I just don't want anything to be wrong. I cant handle anything more. Please please please help me!
switched doctors twice just to get a second opinion and now I'm terrified. One dr wanted to do a hysterectomy
Omg! I'm going through the same thing! Mine started out with fever (102-104) chills, back pain,chest pains (thought I was going into cardiac arrest) blood in urine. * I thought, I had kidney infection) went to doc, said I had a kidney stone, put me on antibiotic (Cipro) for 7 days. Symptoms worse...finished antibiotic now pain moves into pelvic area :bloating, constipation, back pain, CHEST PAINS, CT scans reveals no kidney stone just now severe kidney infection. On antibiotic still not better...in severe pain go to ER they do ultrasound detect cyst on left ovary. They tell me to go home and follow up with OBGYN... I'm like, REALLY? Then its like you can't get an appointment unless your halfway in the grave! I feel like I'm going crazy!!!