ovarian pain after part hysterectomy

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

ovarian pain after part hysterectomy

After several discussions with my regular gyn concerning ongoing pain and "symptoms" that developed after a tubal 3 years ago, I obtained a 2nd opinion from a specialist (gynecologist specializing in pelvic and reconstructive surgery). I had known for a few years that I had a prolapse uterus and was told that when the pain became too unbearable I could have a hysterectomy. During the 2nd opinion I learned that I had endometriosis and andenymiosis (or it was suspected). The prolapse was at maybe a stage 3 he said and alot of the pain I had in my stomach (near the incision from the tubal) was possibly scar tissue and blocked blood flow in the tubes, etc. I was having menopause type symptoms, lots of painful intercourse. The hysterectomy was vaginal with laprascopic assist. my ovaries were left and looked good. the dr. did confirm the diagnosis of the endo and andenymiosis. here is question.  All of the pain and heaviness and symptoms are gone and no more painful intercourse, but I have noticed lately that I am having some pain around my ovaries. Has anyone had this? could it be cysts? or since my dr. said my body would still think that it was having a period, could the pain be that? any help would be nice.  
KTowne, Shannon79, pb95, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
KTowne 11 more days until we find ... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals