ovarian pain after part hysterectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

ovarian pain after part hysterectomy

After several discussions with my regular gyn concerning ongoing pain and "symptoms" that developed after a tubal 3 years ago, I obtained a 2nd opinion from a specialist (gynecologist specializing in pelvic and reconstructive surgery). I had known for a few years that I had a prolapse uterus and was told that when the pain became too unbearable I could have a hysterectomy. During the 2nd opinion I learned that I had endometriosis and andenymiosis (or it was suspected). The prolapse was at maybe a stage 3 he said and alot of the pain I had in my stomach (near the incision from the tubal) was possibly scar tissue and blocked blood flow in the tubes, etc. I was having menopause type symptoms, lots of painful intercourse. The hysterectomy was vaginal with laprascopic assist. my ovaries were left and looked good. the dr. did confirm the diagnosis of the endo and andenymiosis. here is question.  All of the pain and heaviness and symptoms are gone and no more painful intercourse, but I have noticed lately that I am having some pain around my ovaries. Has anyone had this? could it be cysts? or since my dr. said my body would still think that it was having a period, could the pain be that? any help would be nice.