ovary? Pain in my lower left abdomen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

ovary? Pain in my lower left abdomen

I have a really bad pain in my left abdomen. I had the same pain Nov last year. My doctor suspected ovarian cysts but the ultrasound came back clear. He said it was probably a pulled muscle and left it at that. I now have the same pain back in almost the same spot. I am lightheaded, and think i have indigestion or naseau as well. Sick of being curlesup round a hot water bottle all week (which doesnt help much) i went to another doctor. Im not pregnant. He said its not a urinary infection and does not suspect its related to my bowels, even though I am peeing and pooing a lpt more during the day. This pain has me worn out and im worried as to what it is. I am bein sent for an Sti screen next week and have been asked to check my family history for things lik coeliac disease.

Anyone been through this or know what it is!?
The various possibilities which present with such pain in the lower left abdomen are diverticulitis, Crohn’s disease, bowel obstruction, ovarian cysts and pelvic inflammatory disease,irritable bowel syndrome , kidney obstruction or pyelonephritis, psoas abscess  and volvolus (twisting of the sigmoid part of the large bowel on itself).

Investigations like ultrasound abdomen, CT abdomen and colonoscopy are required to confirm a diagnosis. My advise is to consult a gastroenterologist and discuss these possibilities with him.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you. I am still very tired and the pain in my lower left side is coming and going now. I have had acupuncture sessions which is helping. A rash appeared on my lower back along my spine and has travelled slightly upward. The acupuncture nurse said it could be shingles. The doctor said it was a skin infection and prescribed Germentin. However it does not explain my pain or how poorly ive been feeling. I have a blood test tomorrow.

Hopefully it will be sorted soon