ovulation tests - 2nd child - breast feeding
I am trying to get pregnant, and have been using ovulation predictors.  I am trying for a second child, and my first child is already 22 months old, and I still breast feed once during the day and at night (for nap time and during co-sleeping at night and in the early morning).  I've been getting my periods for almost a year now, although they are now from 29 to 33 day cycles, and before my pregnancy I was 28 days and extremely regular.  I've been using ovulation predictors and have had intercourse during the suggested times (around day 17), and this has resulted in my periods occurring earlier (typically day 24).
Any thoughts or suggestions?  
Thanks for any help in advance!!
You can try reducing the number of breastfeeding sessions. It sounds like it's making your ovulation erratic, hence the varying menstrual cycle length. The problem with the opk is that they sometimes tell you too late, because once the lh hormone spikes and turns the test positive there isn't much time left for the egg to survive. I would go by the consistency of your cervical mucous and start having sex a lot sooner than day 17 since your cycles are unpredictable. That should help whether or not you continue nursing. I got prego with my second immediately when I stopped breastfeeding completely and gave myself a 3 month break before ttc.. I think my body needed to recoup first. Good luck!
I think I might do that too, although I really enjoy nursing.  I read that most people don't need to ween, but because I've been trying for so long (6 months) and really want another baby, I think I'll have to give it up. :(
Thanks for your comment!