pain during urination after sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

pain during urination after sex

I am a 22 year old female. A few months back I went to have my annual womanly exam done, and found out I had chlamydia. I was treated and waited the appropriate time to have sex again, and am supposed to go get checked out again in about a month. However, recently the past few times my boyfriend and I have had sex I have had painful urination afterward. Then, my vaginal area would hurt for a while and then it would go away completely. Yesterday, in the middle of the day I went to the restroom and there was no pain, however there was a little bit of blood on the toilet paper. Last night, we had sex and this morning it did not hurt to urinate, however there was a little blood in the toilet and on the toilet paper. The pain after during urination after sex only seems to be after missionary style sex, from behind last night caused no pain. It seems a little irritated when I have sex, but nothing too bad. Mostly, the worst of the pain seems to be located near the urethra as opposed to the vagina area.I was wondering if this could be related to the chlamydia and it is possibly not gone or if it could potentially be a urinary tract infection or something else. I plan on making an appointment soon, but do not have time to today so I just wanted to see if anyone on here could help me out. Thanks!
Could be a UTI, though it is strange that it seems to be coming and going.  I would go to the doctor to get re-examined.  Was your boyfriend also treated for chlamydia when you were?
yes we were both treated and waited a week like we were advised before having  sex