pain in crease of leg when trying to stand

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I had a total hysterectomy on Oct 15th and a few days later I have been having very sharp burning pain in the crease of my upper thigh when I try to stand. This has been very painful and I cannot get it to stop. Any ideas as to what this is? I will be calling my doctor tomorrow morning about it.
see your doctor right away!  It is probably nothing but it could be DVT (deep veined throbosis) which is wear a clot develops in the deep veins of your legs.  These usually develop after a prolonged period of time without walking,eg after long haul flights or operations or on bed rest.  Is there any history of clots or bleeding disorders in your family?
As I say, it is probably just something minor or musculo-skeletal but please get it checked out to be on the safe side.  If you notice and increase in heat, pain, redness or swelling in the size of the affected leg let your doctor know.
keep us posted :)