pain in leg directly below knee

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

pain in leg directly below knee

Just below the knee of my left leg I get severe pain that causes me to almost have it go out from under me.  It comes and goes, but lately its more often.  It does not involve the joint itself,  it is the very top of thelower leg on the front.  It is not swollen,noris it red.  I have fallen on the ice a couple years ago striking that leg on the edge of a porch step in that area.  I am 150 pounds over weight which I am sure aggrivates it.  I am trying towork onthat but we all know its not easy or fast.  Has anyone experienced this, have suggestions or can sugest what type of dr would be good to go to.  I have no insurance so I don't want to waste visits on drs that will just refer me on
Yes, I too, have been having pain in my left leg, right below the knee.  It started about two week ago.  The doctor says this is "referred pain."  He put me on a 6 day steroid pack and if this doesn't alleviate the pain, I'm to have an x ray done. Upon rising from sitting/sleeping position, I can barely put pressure on my left leg.  The pain only lasts two to three minutes and I'm fine until I've sat for awhile and it starts over again.  I will keep you informed...
Is it in your shin or your calf muscle area? If it's in your calf muscle region, you may want to make an appointment with your doctor. It it's on your shin (the front of your leg) you may have shin splints, or tendonitis. Do you have any free clinics where you live? I know that there are some that will take you even if you don't have any insurance.
Hello.  My symptoms are the same as yours.  I finally had an MRI and that shows that I have bulging discs.  My primary doctor wants me to see the surgeon who did my last back surgery.  However, I'm putting him on hold until I do some exercises that I found on line.  I will keep you updated.
I also heve sharp pain below left knee and so bad sometimes will make me stop i my tracks or sit down.Seems to be right in front where tendon attaches to leg bone.My doctor says its bursitis but i really dont trust his opinion ,Its been happening for 2 years and getting worse.I suspect tendonitis from what i have read on here.
My wife had similar diagnosis and was suggested surgery. Some one known to me suggested accupressure specialist of spinal problems in Jallandhar. The Vaidya at Jallandhar, gave about 5' treatment on the back by pressing at few points with his fingers and a little bit of massage and the pain in the back miracolously disappeared. She has no pain in the back since then but excruating pain in the back of left leg below knee when she stands up. There is absolutely no pain when she is on bed. I don't know what to do. Whether to consult an orthopeadic surgeon or a neurosurgeon. A K Chandra, Patna.
when i **** then after 5-10 min. pain startb in my both leg lower knee to back side .  give me solution
Des_a_rae commented on photo
20 mins ago
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
22 mins ago
KTowne commented on photo
33 mins ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals