pain in private area, only when penetrated

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

About 3 or so weeks I ago I injured myself down in the private area after slipping into the pool and hitting the edge of the pool in that area.  Afterwards it hurt really bad and was sore for several days and would bleed when penetrated.

After over a week of it not hurting I attempted to have sex again.  Part way through I started bleeding again(not as bad as the day it happened) and it hurt for a day or two.  Now two weeks later after it being what I thought fine, after being penetrated once again during sex it started to hurt again and bled but just a little bit.

I'm thinking I am just interrupting the healing process.  Is this what is happening? Is there anything I can put on it to help it heal faster?