pain in pubic area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

pain in pubic area

I have a throbbing pain in my pubic area, in specific the opening to the urethra. I did not have any sexual intercourse prior to this and the pain has been going on for a week. I have seen 2 doctors and it is not a case of fungal infection. I also experience frequency to the loo and pain during urination. Can someone please help? The pain is killing me. I seem to be recovering as it is not as painful but is there any way to cease it? Can I put ice cubes?
I am not sure, but should you see a urologist? Could it be a urinary tract infection? They should have tested you for that in the docs office. BUt that is all I can think of. I would ask to see a specialist if possible. Best of luck.
Did they check you for a urine tract infection? If you don't have one call a spealist so you can find out what is wrong?