painful, swollen labia

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

painful, swollen labia

In the early evening Tuesday I noticed my labia was tender.  Upon further inspection I could see that the area was red and swollen. Today is Thursday, and I can hardly move.  The area is so swollen that it feels hard, from midway down the side to the perianal area.  It hurts to sit, stand, walk, even lay down.  It is constant pain, and it is one of the worst pains I can ever remember.  I left work early yesterday and called in today.  I have a job where I sit all day long.

I have not had sex in a couple of weeks.  I have not changed soaps or laundry detergents, nor do I wear tight clothes or tight panties.

I have tried warm compresses, and I have even tried icing the area.  Nothing helps.

If you have any ideas, please help.  This is awful, unbearable.
Tags: painful, swollen, labia, swollen labia, Pain, red swollen labia
This can be due to chafing or forming of a boil or an abscess in the area. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.Also wear cotton undergarments.Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful.If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

cowgirlup249 commented on cowgirlup249's status
cowgirlup249 TTC #2 Comment
pb95 commented on pb95's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals