painful intercourse

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

painful intercourse

Ok so for that past few years I have had this pain, and its really bad during intercourse and i've been to the Dr a million times and still no  result. I also have the pain without intercourse, and its not in the vaginal area I've noticed...I think its in my rectum, its along the wall of my vagina and rectum, when his penis hits that wall its very painful, like i've been in tears before. but i also get the pain before a bowel movement or if gas is passing, its like i'll get that sharp pain and then have the BM, so i feel like there is something there, sex is horrible for me. the Dr first thought i had endometriosis but then when i was in the middle of surgery they realized i didn't i had scar tissue and they thought that was causing the pain, but then after they removed the scar tissue i still had the pain. does anyone else have this same pain? if so did you get a diagnosis??
Do you have a history of STD's? Speficially PID or chlamydia. Any previous violent sexual activity? (playful or otherwise)
You can PM me any answers, if you choose to discuss further.
Removal of scar tissue still leaves some scar tissue and loss of elasticity.
Hi tracy,

First, I want to welcome you to the Pain Management Forum and let you know that we are glad you found this Forum. I want to let you know that there are NO Doctors on this Forum, only CP  {Chronic Pain}  Patients that help each other with our OWN expertise and experiences that we have developed through our OWN CP Issues.

I'm SO SORRY that you are having these FEMALE problems!!  I went through the SAME pain that you are experiencing now.  From the BM pain that you are experiencing.  Mine WAS caused by endometriosis.  But, ALSO, I had a BENIGN Ovarian Cyst. Have you checked to see if there could be a cyst?   You must remember that ALL of those areas down there are connected when it comes to pain.  I'm SURE that your Gynecologist is going to check you for EVERYTHING, BUT if he/she hasn't then you NEED to ASK him/her to run more tests to rule EVERYTHING out and come up with a diagnosis for you so that they can control your pain!! I wound up having my ovary remobed and THEN had a Total Hysterectomy when I was 44 years old.  HOWEVER, you are MUCH too young to consider that at this age.  I'm SURE that you would agree since you are ONLY 22 years old!!  

Tracy, what caused your scar tissue?  You didn't say.  That might be VERY helpful in trying to help you figure out what is happening with your pain.

Unfortunately, once you've had scar tissue, it USUALLY will grow back.  It can be a continuing problem no matter what you do.  You need to check into that also.  The fact that your Doctor didn't think there was endometriosis doesn't mean that he didn't miss some when he was in there.

PLEASE let us know how you are doing as I'm VERY concerned about you!!

I'll be looking for your update...............Sherry  :)
You might also want to look into getting your pelvic floor muscles looked at.  Vulvodynia is a another reason for pain.  Visit www.nva.org for more information.
AppleBr Loreena pre op blood test i... Comment
47 mins ago
Shannon79 commented on photo
Des_a_rae commented on Losing Gabe. :(
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals