painful lump between anus anus and vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi i am 20 years old and i have a lump between my anus and vagina. Its about the size of my thumb and im pretty sure theres puss coming out of it. For months now ive noticed it was a bit painful and there was always a tiny bit of blood when i wiped but i never really thought there was anything wrong. I never checked if the bump was before that. When i was sexually active recently it became much more painful afterwards and has not been getting any better. It is painful in most things i do especially touching the area. What is it? What should i do?
It can be a boil or infected vaginal cyst. Apply warm compresses,Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lump persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a gynecologist as you may need incision and drainage.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.