painful pap smear

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and I had my first appointment with my OB\Gyn for my First Pap Smear - Yes first one:-)

She used a speculum and it did hurt me. She then used her finger and felt my cervix and said that my cervix is facing up(when I was lying) instead of facing down.

She tried two different speculum smaller in size but still the pap smear was painful. Also I realised that when I have sex, that also is painful.
I think my vagina is small or something.

Is there something that I can use to make the experience less painful?
Is it normal that pap smears are painful?
also it worries me that if i cant bear the pain of a pap smear how can i bear the pain of delivering a baby?

is the cervix facing up normal?
I'm not sure about the cervix.  But I know that when I have a pap smear its no walk in the park.  I dont think its uncommon for it to hurt or feel uncomfortable.  I also tend to feel tense when I have check ups which it makes it much less comfortable
When I have to have one, they use the baby one and it is still SO painful that they give me medicine for it. Some of it is because I have a plate in my back and cannot be positioned correctly without HORRIBLE pain. But even Before that, they had to be really gentle because I would cry it was so painful. I hope things get better for you and when you have the baby- I'm sure they can give you something REALLY nice for it and things won't be so bad for you. My best friend laughed through her delivery!!!
pap normal dont feel good,i didnt alot of research on that and sometimes its best to not have sex until a few days after our pap cause it has time to heal. Also giving birth might seem scare but when it comes down to it you wont be thinking about the pain you will be thinking about the joy of have a beauitful healthy baby
I haver had 4 children. My pap didn't start hurting until about 5 years ago. Sex hurts also. But my pap smears are always normal. I don't know what is causing this intercourse hurts also.
I just had another pap smear... I haven't had that many, just four.  Two of the four have been so painful....like tearing feeling or cutting and the doctor couldn't get in....which made it worse becasue I started to tense up and cry because the doctor couldn't go all the way up.  It was pretty awful...especially when the doctor would say things like have you had one of these before or we're never going to get anywhere if you are so tense. It turns out all the pain I have had from the paps has not been my fault. During the last one, the doctor finally realized that I had a cervix that tilts up and not down, so all of the pain that I had was from him pushing and no getting anyway. Haha, right.
     I recommend for anyone with painful paps or are getting your first one: they really shouldn't hurt. Once the doc. figured my body out....it was a joke how painless it was when he was getting in the right place. He got this form thing to put under my tailbone to tilt me up so that the tool could tilt up with my cervix. It was absolutely painfree and I was smiling.
    All this to say...if it is hurting, ask your doctor if your cervix is tilted up and if it is, if they have anything to put underneath your butt. Hopefully they are sensitive to different women's bodies and work with the body that you have. Don't be afriad to speak up because it's not you tensing up that is causing the pain.