painful swollen labia majora

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

painful swollen labia majora

I shaved about a week ago and a day or so later i noticed a small bum on my right labia majora and thought it was a ingrown hair ....but i could not find it....2 days ago I noticed my right labia majora is now swollen and very painful if i touched it...i tried squeezing it but all i get is clear fluid...there is no head like a pimple or anything.....when you first look at it ..it just looks really swollen ..does anyone have a clueto what it could be and how to get rid of it, i must add...in a faithful commited relationship so its not caused by a STD
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include folliculitis, cysts, ingrown hair, abscess etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
me also i have been experiencing the same. i don't know what is the cause of this. it is really painful. especially when standing,walking and sitting. even when i'm lying in bed. i feel so uncomfortable. i cant move. because it really hurt so much. I am planning on getting a checkup to my OB-GYNe. But her schedule of clinic hours will be this tuesday.. ughh!!!I have been suffering this for 5 days. and its getting bigger. I thought it was just a normal lump from the start. because it doesnt hurt so much but now the pain is killing me. IT IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM. need some advise what to do with it. Who knows any remedies please HELP ME :'(
pb95, and Des_a_rae commented on Risa615's status
42 mins ago
pb95 commented on KeeLolo's status
44 mins ago
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals