passing blood clots
i started my period on monday may 19,with heavy blood clots every time i go to the bathroom.it's been 3 weeks,what could this be?should i be worried?
Hi Lisalou, I have suffered this for the last 3yrs!!!, and just had operation to remove my Ovaries, hopefully to stop the bleeding!!
Firstly, do you know if you have Fibroids??? this is what normally causes heavy bleeding and clots!! I have a fibroid! Has this just come on all of a sudden????
You should go to docs and tell him/her, to check it out with Ultra Sound, then they will be able to advise you what can be done.
Over the 3yrs, I had the Mirena Coil fitted for 1yr, this didnt stop the bleeding or the clots! then they did Ablation, this again didnt help so then they said I would need a Hysterectomy, which I was supposed to have on 7th May, but at the last minute they decided to just remove the ovaries, which would stop the bleeding!
Since, the operation I have been bleeding to date!! and still have had some clots, My Gynea, said this shouldnt be happening, and is going to give me another month and if it hasnt stopped, I  then have to go back in for the Hysterectomy!! I think God, will this ever end!!
So, I would go to docs and get it checked out to be sure..
Good luck.