pelvic pain and infections

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

pelvic pain and infections

ive had on going vaginal infections for 5 months straight.  ive been diagnosed with U.T.I. yeast infection, pelvic infection,and herpes. i have the herpes under control with medication i take twice a day.  ive taken all medication for the other aliments.i now have pelvic pain yellow discharge and a bad smell. i havent been able to have sex with my husband  in 5 months. i tried twice and suffered from terrible pain. ive had all the std tests all came out neg, besides the herpes which is under control. i need to know what can i do now? ive already had 5 very painful exams and dont want to have to go that route again.what can ido>? whats wrong with me/ could i have some kind of disease? ive had pain on my vagina on and off for half my life. but now its non stop :(  im thinking i may have endo,but somthing else as well.
I am so sorry for the ordeal you have been through. (((hug)))

It sounds as though you still have an active infection. Sometimes infections take more than one course of treatment to clear up. Your doctor may be able to just take a swab and test to see what the infection is...

Thank you for your concern,i dont get that very much on here,everyone is pretty cut and dry. im trying to find a more natural route considering  everytime i get antibiotics i get another infection of some sort. one goes away,another one starts frm the medication, its a never ending cycle. ive heard douching with peroxide and distilled water may help kill any infection,but im afraid it might give me P.I.D. which is connected to douching.im afraid to try it,a gyno suggested doing that with baking soda and water,so i tried that,it helped alittle. the pain has lessened and there is less discharge,but i still have the pelvic pain and smell,so then i read about using a yogurt douche since my vagina wont hold in a tampon it just pushes it out. it felt soothing,but i was also kind of afraid of doing that..so now im douching with plain distilled water. been trying that for 3 days now once a day. it seems to help some too,but i still have the foul oder and some pain. i feel really dirty thats why the douching seems to be a good choice. and when i put creams down there it aggravates it more and i usually break out with herpes everytime i try....any other suggestions are greatly appreciated thank you so much!
hey,so i tried the hydrogen peroxide douche 2 cups water 1/4 cup hdp. and it worked really great for the horrid smell! ive had for almost 2 weeks and it went away right away like 30 minutes. the discharge is a lot less too,now i just have to tackle the pain in vagina and pelvic. so im going to try this solution a few more days once a day wish me luck :))
I am very concerned about what these home remedies will do in the long run. Anything that disrupts the balance of flora in your vagina can be a problem.

One thing to try in the future, if you are put on antibiotics for an infection...take probiotics every day while on the antibiotics...it will help keep the balance and help you to not get a yeast infection.

Best wishes to you!
Oh i do take the probiotics for a healthy flora, everyday,and im still taking them.,still doesnt help..:/ so im on day 3 of the hydrogen peroxide treatment.the discharge is gone and the smell is almost completely gone,and i dont have a gross slimy feeling anymore. the pain has lessened some. the only problem is i feel very dry,hopefully that will go away. but then again i have been dry for years and years. now im starting to think that perhaps i have a low hormone level. i remember wht it felt like 10 years ago to be "normal" down there,it was "wet" when i got excited. now that NEVER happens. when i have sex i use ky sensitive jelly, but what can i use for everyday wetness for a healthy vagina? should i be on some sort of shots? or pills that have estrogen? or could it be caused by another issue? please let me know..thank you
I think vagisil has a daily moisturizer. I seem to remember seeing a commercial for it on TV a while ago. There are a few things that can cause dryness...hormones is the main thing that comes to mind (age too but that is due to age related hormonal changes).
yeah cant use the vagisil cause it makes me break out with herpes :(