pelvic pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

pelvic pain

I have been having pelvic pain for several weeks now.  I went to my regular doctor because my bowel movements were messed up for about a week and I was having pelvic pain.  He suggested fiber. After about a week or so my bowel movements returned to normal but my pelvic pain hasn't gone away.  My gyno says that I am very low risk for cancer of any kind such as ovarian or cervical and told me come in for my yearly as normal...which is in the next three weeks.  The pain feels more strong on my right side and sometimes that ovary hurts pretty bad.  I just had my period and it was normal.  I have had no irregular bleeding at all.  I am just nervous as to what this may be.  I look on the internet and I have all the symptoms of ovarian, cervical and other cancers!!! I do have a child that is 3 years old.  my pap smears have always came back normal and I am just nervous because I have never had anything like this before.
i had the SAME thing.  my right side felt like it was going to explode.  then i got the"runs" it was aweful.  I too am 31 and have a baby. My risk factors too were small.  Long in short all was well.  I had a simple ovarian cyst.  it takes a while to go away but it finally went away.  hope this puts your mind at ease

thanks

lisa
Thank you very much for your comment...I have been a nervous wreck and any kind of reassurance I can get is good.  Were your bowel movements messed up for a while and did you have pelvic  pain all over or jus on your right side?  Mine hurts all over , just more so on the right side.  Anyway thank you for your comment...I am trying to remain calm and think positive...but if you look anything up on the internet it will make you think you have every kind of cancer there is....ughhhhh!
Thanks for your comment!  As a matter of fact I did have my appendix removed when I was a child and when I went to my regular doctor he even said that it could be scar tissue from that.  My child was not born through c section.  Thanks for the encouragment...I have to believe that it can't be anything that serious.  I sure hope not anyway.  Thanks for responding!!!
was your child born by c-section? have you had any abdominal or pelvic surgeries? if so it could be scar tissue or adhesions, theres a chance it could also be endometriosis, a uterine fibroid, ovarian cysts. i had the same problems. my pelvic pain was constant, never got better, doctors thought it was endo or scar tissue, they went in to clean out the scar tissue and i ended up having a hysterectomy with only one good ovary left, everything else was taken out, massive amounts of scar tissue from previous surgeries,(tubal ligation, and 4 umbilical hernias)large cysts on left ovary, and a large uterine fibroid.i had been having the pelvic pain for about 2 years, and i had the surgey on aug 3rd and i havent felt this good in a long time. good luck to you, i can almost guarantee its not cancer, but something more simple. keep us posted.oh and im also only 29.
Thanks for the comments.  I just got off my period and for the whole five days that I was on it I did not have any pain at all.  The day I came off my period the pain was back.  Does anyone know if this is normal when you do have a cyst?  Thanks.
Had the same thing about a year ago...awful pain. My doctor thought it was appendius (though I knew better) and rushed me to the hospital. In the end it was a ova. cyst. I've always been told that pain is not a early symptom of cancer. I don't know if that is truth or fiction. Hopefully you are experiencing a simple cyst.
yes...sounds like ovar. cyst....IBS can hurt like this also.
YES, THE CYST SHOULD BURST AFTER PERIOD. NORMAL.
I have always had very painful periods, but in the past three months, the pain has increased in duration and severity.  The pain now lasts three weeks and I have had to take a leave of abscence from my job to resolve the issue.  So far my gyn and an endometrial specialist are suggesting a laparoscopy to confirm endometriosis and lazer away any signs of it.  I also went to a psychoneuroendocrinologist who specializes in altering women's hormones (see neuroendocrinology.org) with progesterone and estrogen.  Although his particular interest are the mental issues associated with PMS and patterns of epilepsy associated with menstrual cycles, he agreed to help with my case.  I was perscribed Prometrium 200 mg 3 X per day orally (bioidentical progesterone) and the pain is much more bearable. The only side effect is becoming a bit sleepy and on the upside, it relaxes you (Estrogen causes anxiety).I believe I have too much estrogen surging through my body, but estrogen levels were not tested to verify this.  Because the pain has lessened, I am going to hold off on the laparoscopy and see if the pain remains bearable.  I don't think that this treatment is a cure, but I sure feel better.
i had the same symtoms (symptoms) as u i was told i have a hernia maybe ask them to check u for that