pelvic pinching pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

pelvic pinching pain

I have had 3 yrs of intermittent left pelvic pinching pain.My OBGYN thought it was GI. I had a colonosopy 2 yrs ago and it was normal. I thought for sure it was my ovary and was worried about ovarian cancer. After I insisted, a vag US was done, ovaries looked fine, but a fibroid was found, about 3cm. OBGYN thought it was not causing the pain and thought I prob had IBS. Repeat US done at annual exam one year ago because of excessive monthly bleeding and found that fibroid had gotten significantly bigger-about the size of a grapefruit! She suggested a hysterectomy because I am still young and said it would keep getting bigger because of estrogen production. I put it off for several months, but finally decided to have the surgery. Well, the surgery was done and I insisted she remove my left ovary since I was CONVINCED the pain was from my ovary and if we didn't take it out I would always worry. I kept my right ovary, which looked very healthy. Turns out the left ovary was healthy also! It has been months since my surgery and GUESS WHAT? I still have the lower left pinching pain. It turns out it wasn't the ovary or the fibroid causing the discomfort.I have no idea what to do now. I have been given another opinion by my general practioner, that perhaps it is a nerve that runs through the pelvis that is irritated. I DO have low back pain with the pelvic pain. Anyone have any ideas on this one? I'm at a loss.
Actually - I have heard that irritible bowel syndrome is often mistaken for reprodutive issues because you can get symptoms in your lower pelvis.

Have you considered taking the dietary measures recommended for ibs to see if the pain goes away? It honestly could be ibs.