pelvic prolapse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

pelvic prolapse

Ok, about 6 months ago I started having pain along my right lower abdomen to the groin area. I feel lot of pressure and like there's something foreign especially my right pubic area. I was doing alot of abdominal exercses and thought I strained something but it wouldnt go away. I started noticing that it was hard to have a bowel movement, I knew I needed to go, and it wasnt hard or anything. But it would just come out in a thin tube consitistancy. instead for normal which made me wonder if something was obstructing it? I was checked for hemmoroids (hemorrhoids) but didnt  have any. I had an ultrasound of my ovaries to rule out the cause of my pain. about a week ago I discovered I have a rectal prolapse. while having that evaluated the DR. though I may have other pelvic organ prolapses and Im waiting to be seen about them. but cant get in for a few weeks. Im miserable and I feel pain and ressure all along my right side and espcially right groin area. could this be a hernia? Im 34 and in good shape. I havent had other health problems and this feels sooo weird. it's a new condition. I have  a 5 year old delivered vaginally with no problems. The general surgury clinic wants to fix the prolapse (mucosal) perineally. as he thinks it's mild. but says they dont deal with underlying causes or comlications (inability to have a bowel movement. Im soooo uncomfortable! could this be some sort of internal hernia??