period lasting 6 weeks
im 14 years old, & i am deffinatly not sexually active, obviously, ive had my period for 6 weeks straight. it makes me nervous thinking about it. my doctor ordered tests on my thyroids for tomorrow & some ultasounds, but i wanted to know what i should expect... any help ???
You seem to be having the symptoms of menometrorrhagia. Various factors causing it are endometriosis, hormone imbalance,endometrial hyperplasia, polyps, thyroid problems, PCOS and benign and malignant pathologies of the uterus. I would advise a gynecologist’s evaluation and an ultrasound uterus to ruled out the above possibilities.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.