period trouble

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

period trouble

hello, i need some answers. i have been spotting now for the last 9 days. my last period was june 20th. the last time we had sex was june 24th and 25th. i thought i had gotten my period last weekend which was the 5th but i have been spotting now for the last 9 days a brown discharge. what does this mean??? please help me!!!
Have you taken a HPT? If not I would start there.
yes three weeks ago but it came out negitive so i dont have to worry right?
I would take another one... to be on the safe side..
Hi - I was due for my period around the same day you were due for yours and I did a HPT the day before and it came up positive. If you did one now it should give a very accurate reading. 3 weeks ago was too early...if you get a negative next time but you're still not sure get a blood test done to pick up any early or lower hcg readings. But I'm telling you a home pregnancy test would pick it up by now! Good luck.
Yes, with sex on June 24th/25th plus some weird bleeding now, another hpt is definitley in order.  

If negative, then see the doctor about other possibilities, like maybe cysts.

Hope this helps, good luck!
i agree, i think you should take another one, HPT are likely to give you negative as an answer but the negative can also be false, i read somewhere that it is highly possible for it to give you a negative and it be false but if it gives you a positive then you are pregnant, this is within the first couple of weeks... just give it another try, wouldnt hurt
Im A 13 Year old girl and my period has stopped for 6 months and i have started to get terrible pains in my tummy at night. whats wrong?