period work on its own calendar

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

period work on its own calendar

I have been having problems with my periods, last year I had a period for a whole six months non stop. Tests and d&c came back normal. Try birth control and that did not stop it. This year its been here off and on then straight for three months, did more testing only thing specialtest could find is my white blood cells were low. I get a bump and feel swollen alot, did three herpies (herpes) tests and all came back I dont have herpies (herpes). It comes up a week before, during, or after my period. I also get a high sex drive around this time of the month and headaches. They did the early menopause test it came back, I am not going through that. I am 33 years old and want children someday. The first time the specialtest gave me clotting pills and after six months that worked. She is now saying this bump is not hormons and looks likeca in growen hair for four years. It getting quit itchy and sore, and this is just me and I have to live with this bump and periods because its just me. I also find pap tests hurt and
tampons.  when my period comes it hurts real bad in the vagina and stings, she said I beleave you but there is nothing she can do to help me. What should I do?
You seem to be having the symptoms of metrorrhagia(heavy periods). Various factors causing it are endometriosis,ectopic pregnancy,hormone imbalance,endometrial hyperplasia,polyps,use of IUD’s and depo shots, sexually transmitted diseases,PCOS and benign and malignant pathologies of the uterus.
I would suggest you to consult a gynecologist and get a pelvic examination and swab culture done to confirm the diagnosis. Treatment depends on the confirmation of diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I had all of these tests done within two years and they came back normal:-) I had a byposy when I was 17 and it came back normal. I have had 3 herpis (herpes) tests all normal and blood work for hep and came back normal. She could not find anything when she did a DNC. I did blood tests to see if I was going through the change of life early menopause and it came back I am not there yet. I am very over weight and maybe that is causing my problems down there? Dr. Jennifer Lajoie said it could be acne down there as I get alot of acne on my face and stomach. And the bumps that flair up down there before my period is not hormons, 1 on my lower right and left side in the same spot always. There is know sign of anything wrong on any test, I am starting to feel like its embaresing to go if she keeps saying there is nothing that can be done. I said if the bleeding happens again can I come back in after she said its just me. And then she said yes thats not right. The bumps she said it looks like a deep in growen hair and she can't drain it or do anything about it. She is not aloud to touch it. But she said she got a lot of puss out of it when she did the last herpes test that came back normal. It gets so itchy, when she did the test it was real itchy and when she got the puss out the itch went away then got itchy again then went way. I told her. She said it was a good culture test and because there was lots she knows the test was right that its normal. I got my period saturday and stoped the pill monday, and start the pill monday. I use the pill for helping to control my periods and acne. For about roughly ten years now. Had to change the pill from trycyclen 21 to cyclen 21. And when on birth control periods for the most part are 4 to 3 days long. Off of birth control for the most part periods are 8 to 9 days long. If you can think of something else that might be causing this it may be helpful. Ultrasound  and DNC came back no cyists:-)
hello I just talked to the receptionist at my gynecologist office and she said that I have had these test's and many more Swab's done. she said that there is no test for endometriosis that it's very painful and because I am not having  pain cramps as I did severe pain cramps when I was a kid. I had ultrasound done through my doctor Cancade , but not through my gynecologist. they said she said I can do that through my doctor if I want to. receptionist said that I have to rebook with my doctor for another referral with Dr Lajoie.