period

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

period

i had my last period around 24 december 2012 i had sex on the 14 january 2013 and after that aswell i still havent had my period iits 5 weeks now that i had my last period i forgot 1 time my pill and that was before the 14 january could i be pregnant
The delayed periods can be due to stress. If you are apprehensive regarding the status of your pregnancy then you can test for it. There are sensitive urine and serum pregnancy tests which can detect hcg levels as low as 20 Miu for urine and 5 Miu for serum hcg test, as early as 8 to 12 days post ovulation. These are highly sensitive tests. The results can be confirmed by a pelvic ultrasonogram to visualize the intrauterine gestational sac and a positive fetal heart sound.

I’ll also suggest you an obstetric ultrasonography, which can pick up the pregnancy in the first 4 ½ weeks of pregnancy.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
1 hr ago
KTowne, and pb95 commented on KeeLolo's status
1 hr ago
pb95, and Des_a_rae commented on Risa615's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals