permanent cure for bv??
i've had this before so i don't need to be schooled on the subject. antibiotics give me yeast infections (sorry if that was TMI) so i choose not worry myself with another visit to the doctor because i know what the outcome will be.. plus i know that the antibiotics kills ALL bacteria.. i need the good! i've read on many sites of home remedies. yogurt, hydrgen peroxide, apple cider vinegar, etc. but im not sure which to try. im 20 and is in a very committed relationship. he doesnt complain about smell (bless his heart) but i just cant do it! i want it gone forever!! the last time i tried antibiotics, i took half (the pill is disgusting) and douched with yogurt. it went away, but now its back! -_- i think its because i didnt finish the antibiotic! idk! any suggestions? or ideas. please share! which remedy works fastest and effectively? too, i read that a man can reinfect a woman if he isnt treated while she is. is this true? i dont see how a man can be treated with home remedies though. PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance!
Hi there and welcome.  Well, I don't know of home remedies for bacterial (key word) vaginosis.  Douching will complicate the matter.  

I didn't find flagyl hard to take or to have side effects such as thrush and whatnot that traditional antibiotics are more associated with.  

Lots of luck but don't douche!  
No home cure for this......need antibiotics; that's the ONLY way to get rid of this.  I wouldn't recommend having sex UNTIL this is sorted and if you can't refrain from sex then he definitely needs to be wearing a condom until this is sorted out so that matters aren't made worse.  

How long have you been dealing with this?  Was a culture done or was the diagnosis based solely on symptoms?

You can always ask your physician for a Rx for an antifungal to take after the antibiotic is completed, i.e. Diflucan.  I do this myself.  It is a ONE pill to be taken ONE time.  That's it.  

There is NO permanent "cure" for BV.  Patients who have had this do have a possibility of reoccurence.  

You need to return to the physician and get this sorted.  Nothing you can do at home.  Need to see a GYN Specialist preferably.  

Your boyfriend should be on the antibiotics at the same time as you, or he can pass it back once you are done with your antibiotic course.  Please take the full run of antibiotics, don't stop early.

I can see you are against taking the Flagyl, but if you do not get rid of the BV, you can get pelvic inflammatory disease, and that can remove your fertility.  I think you don't want to get to a point where you can't have a child over something as simple as a 10-day run of pills.

Pick up some probiotics and take them at the same time, they are great for the stomach and put the good stuff back in.
i dont douche.. but when i went my doctor gave me sime pills. started with an "m" ..very nasty.. i really dont believe in antibiotics...only reason why i wanted to know anything i could.. question? if i get cleared (which i will) if i take precautions to keep my ph balamced.. eating healthier, exercising, etc..do u think it will come back?
With bacterial vaginosis (if you've had this confirmed through culture) is 'bacteria'.  Often in order to eradicate bacteria, you need an antibiotic.  Some things are not actually bacterial such as viruses you get that make you feel feverish or cough.  You'll recover just fine from that.  And some bacterial infections such as an ear infection will get better occasionally on their own.  It does happen, but for the most part----  when bacteria is present, you need something to kill it.  

They've written things like making sure your underwear is cotton, to change it after exercising so sweat isn't trapped, etc.  which helps cut down on the environment that bacteria likes to grow in.  but once it is there, it likes to stick around.  AND while bv isn't a std, it is passed back and forth between partners.  Partners of women with bv also often are treated with flagyl.  

BV can stick around for a LONG time and be problematic.  Personally, I'd take the medication to get rid of it but that is just me.  You have to do what works best for you.  peace and good luck
Agree with the above posters.....you NEED to take the medication that has been prescribed.  

I am guessing you were prescribed Metronidazole, the medication that starts with an "m."  That's standard.  

If you really don't believe in antibiotics then I have no idea how the BV is going to go away.  

If you plan on having children you might want to consider this infection could ascend and affect your fertility.  If you want to risk this then don't take the medication.  

There is NO home remedy for this, so I would encourage you to follow what you have been advised by your PHYSICIAN.  
Hey, a big thing to keep in mind is that semen can really through off ph balance and make bv worse.  Definitely ask if your boyfriend can be treated too at the same time, but once you've had bv you are much more likely to have it again.
Oh my god, I think I've permanently cured my chronic BV! I had it for four years. Poured over the research. Found short term fixes, but, wham, it always came back after sex. This time, it's stayed gone, with no maintenance therapy!
I used boric acid capsules vaginally for three days. It's an antiseptic, and gives you a clean slate. Then I took Nature's Way Primadophilus Optima Women's 90 billion active probiotics. After that, it was gone for the first time in four years. You MUST buy refrigerated probiotics. The reason probiotics haven't worked before is it was either the wrong strains or they weren't kept cold and the probiotics died. PLEASE TRY THIS, AND IF IT WORKS FOR YOU, PLEASE COMMENT HERE!
I forgot to mention I took the probiotics for 30 days.