pilonidal cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

pilonidal cyst

Excuse me if this comes across rude but I have lost faith in the US health system and doctors,My first infection with my pilonidal cyst was about 12 years ago after an injury to my tailbone then last August it came back and really has not healed since,because mine has been infected for some time the chances of having it closed after surgery is not a way to go so to be left open it would take 4-12 months to heal and no gaurantee it wont come back,every doctor you go to suggests surgery and yes I think its about the $ however after doing more research I found that India and Europe have done new non invasive procedures that had great success with no reoccurances in 95% of the cases and even greater in India.I dont understand why US doctors have not picked up on this,the procedure in India puts you out of work for 7 days and is done as an outpatient with great success.I am very angry that US doctors are only thinking of the money coming in for them versus the health and well being of the patient I thought thats why doctors went into medicine I didnt realize they are only in it for the money but I know now they are.