pilonidal cyst
Excuse me if this comes across rude but I have lost faith in the US health system and doctors,My first infection with my pilonidal cyst was about 12 years ago after an injury to my tailbone then last August it came back and really has not healed since,because mine has been infected for some time the chances of having it closed after surgery is not a way to go so to be left open it would take 4-12 months to heal and no gaurantee it wont come back,every doctor you go to suggests surgery and yes I think its about the $ however after doing more research I found that India and Europe have done new non invasive procedures that had great success with no reoccurances in 95% of the cases and even greater in India.I dont understand why US doctors have not picked up on this,the procedure in India puts you out of work for 7 days and is done as an outpatient with great success.I am very angry that US doctors are only thinking of the money coming in for them versus the health and well being of the patient I thought thats why doctors went into medicine I didnt realize they are only in it for the money but I know now they are.
I agree - we found that out long ago. I find that Insurance companies not paying for some Meds and procedures even if if it would save patients life. Medicare andinsurancecompanies have cut,payments to Doctors plus people not affording or paying co-pays does not help. I know of someone going to Germany.  But the pharmaceutical companies   - a med I took 40 years ago was $6.00 without insurance and now itis $75.00 with insurance. Norway has the happiest people  - knowing they don't have to pay for health insurance must help.