pimples at 41yrs......harmonal problem?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

pimples at 41yrs......harmonal problem?

I am Asian Indian and 41years old. I used to get pimples once in a while specially during mensus time. I thought of correcting it and went to a Dermatologist, who treated me for bacterial acne. She told me my pimples would flare up and I should take this oral medication for one month and apply cream on my face for one month. My skin which otherwise was blemish free turned into a patchty, tanned and dried skin with a invasion of pimples everyday...I still continued for a month as she said....but in vain. She again gave me some other applicant cream, but it got worse and then I completely stopped. It took me another six to 7 months, to get my skin to a normal texture, for it was dried and caked up. I am still invaded by a pimple every month one on each side of my cheek, which has left by beautiful skin with total scar marks.It takes almost two to three weeks for one pimple to get dried,by the time the next pimple gets ready in the other cheek.I am sick of it. I tried telling my doc it has something to do with my harmones.....but she insists on bacterial infection.In India there is a plant called Neem, which is a very effective antibacteria( I think it is called Margosa? ). I tried that, which helped me a lot in clearing my skin to some extent. But I still getting pimples every month.  Is there a solution for this. I have tried all creams and solutions of Nuetregena, Citaphel.....Please help me....How can I correct my harmonal problem. Thank you very much. Neecky
HEY, YOU NEED TO TRY PROACTIVE. IT REALLY WORKS I HAVE BEEN USING IT NOW FOR 2 YEARS & IT DOES NOT DRY MY SKIN OUT.  :)
mkh9 uploaded new photos
1 hr ago
Vitamin D and Autism
1 hr ago by gymdandee
LandM2009 commented on LandM2009's status
1 hr ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals