pimples under arms : /

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

pimples under arms : /

Hey... I have been struggling with this issue for a couple of weeks now. I'm 22 years old, and I decided to change my deoderant. Within a coulple days I developed a rash that itched really bad. I bought some anti-itch cream hoping that would help, and then switched back to a deoderant that I knew had worked for me in the past. The itch never completely stopped, but did get a little better. Now I develop these pimples under my arms that are extremely painful. They are similar to ones that never come to a head but that stay under the skin. No matter what I do they dont go away. Currently I have about 6 under one arm, and dont know how to treat them, so that they wont come back. Please help!!!
Avatar n tn
I think they may be boils.  I get them every now and then on the back of my neck and along my hairline, yeah, they hurt.  I found a website articles talking about them and the specific ones you might be talking about.  It says:

"Hidradenitis suppurativa: This is a condition in which there are multiple abscesses that form under the arm pits and often in the groin area. These areas are a result of local inflammation of the sweat glands. This form of skin infection is difficult to treat with antibiotics alone and typically requires a surgical procedure to remove the involved sweat glands in order to stop the skin inflammation"

Here's the website address if you want to read more on it:

http://www.medicinenet.com/boils/article.htm

Hope this helps.
Avatar n tn
Thank you so much for your response.... I checked into the website you suggested and it was very helpful. But in one of the websites it had a description of what the bumbs look like, which didn't' match what I see. So I dunno... considering the fact that if it is what you found for me theres no cure unless I go to the doctor.  I dont have any health insurance, which makes a docto appointment difficult. But we'll see I guess. Thank you so much again!!
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
29 mins ago
KTowne 5 more sleeps!!! :):) Comment
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals