pimples under arms : /

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

pimples under arms : /

Hey... I have been struggling with this issue for a couple of weeks now. I'm 22 years old, and I decided to change my deoderant. Within a coulple days I developed a rash that itched really bad. I bought some anti-itch cream hoping that would help, and then switched back to a deoderant that I knew had worked for me in the past. The itch never completely stopped, but did get a little better. Now I develop these pimples under my arms that are extremely painful. They are similar to ones that never come to a head but that stay under the skin. No matter what I do they dont go away. Currently I have about 6 under one arm, and dont know how to treat them, so that they wont come back. Please help!!!
I think they may be boils.  I get them every now and then on the back of my neck and along my hairline, yeah, they hurt.  I found a website articles talking about them and the specific ones you might be talking about.  It says:

"Hidradenitis suppurativa: This is a condition in which there are multiple abscesses that form under the arm pits and often in the groin area. These areas are a result of local inflammation of the sweat glands. This form of skin infection is difficult to treat with antibiotics alone and typically requires a surgical procedure to remove the involved sweat glands in order to stop the skin inflammation"

Here's the website address if you want to read more on it:

http://www.medicinenet.com/boils/article.htm

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for your response.... I checked into the website you suggested and it was very helpful. But in one of the websites it had a description of what the bumbs look like, which didn't' match what I see. So I dunno... considering the fact that if it is what you found for me theres no cure unless I go to the doctor.  I dont have any health insurance, which makes a docto appointment difficult. But we'll see I guess. Thank you so much again!!