pinkish discharge days after period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

pinkish discharge days after period

I got off the patch about 2 months ago.  My first period that I had after getting off b/c started and looked fairly normal.  Except for when my body started to quit.  When it seemed that I should have been completely done bleeding I noticed for days maybe even up to four or five days afterwards I was wiping and there would be stawberry colored discharge or blood or something.  Anyway after a while I just stopped noticing or forgot to pay attention.  Now I just recently had my second period it started off being this strawberry jam color and consistancy.  Almost like it was some form of discharge, but had never seen anything like this.  It was very bright in color too..  I didn't notice much after that since I use tampons.  Except for at the end a whole 7 1/2 days.  I thought I was finished but still had some sort of pink discharge on my underwear, and am still experiencing the same thing as before when wiping.  Is this normal I've never seen anything like this.  I have been on birthcontrol for 2 years straight and off and on it in the past.  I am assuming that maybe its just my body adjusting?  But not really sure.  The color and consistancy is something really odd looking and thats mainly what alarmed me. thanks
If I were you, I would contact your doctor or GYN about your discharge.  It sounds like old blood is leaking.  Old blood
is kind of brownish in color and sometimes stringy.  You could
also have some kind of infection that needs to be treated.
Good luck!
i had that and found out that i had a infection i no going to the doctors is hard but is the best thing to do trust me
I just finished my period a week ago and when I went to go pee I found a pinkish discharge when I wiped what can that possible be? could that mean Im pregnant or what???