please someone help me on my mothers foot problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

my mom had surgery on her knees because she has osteoarthritis. they are fine now, but since then, her feet have been bothering her. she cant walk for more than a few hours then cry in pain. her feet sometimes swell up and she can't even walk up or down stairs cause she can't lift her feet. she has gone to the ER but they sent her to a foot doctor. they took xrays and found nothing, but on her left foot found a bruised bone, but thats not the case. she still is in pain and can't walk most of the time. she doesn't know what to do anymore. this has been going on for about a couple of months now. please give an suggestions that you can. thanks you!
Did she actually have a knee replacement or invasive surgery?  
I do know of someone who had a knee replacement and that foot bothered them really bad.  It stayed swollen for months and caused lots of pain.  We didn't understand why surgery to the knee was causing such problems in the foot, but the Doctor just kind of acted like it was no big deal and kept saying it would go away. And a couple of years later it is better.
Has she called the doc that did the surgery? Soryy I am 36 weeks pg and can hardly remember my own phone number so I am of no GOOG use right now, but with the hip or knee surgery (I don't remember which one) there can be problems with the foot dropping. I would call a ortho doc and try to find out, general docs. (I hate to say it) but are general and don't know too much about the bones. Good Luck.
I had knee surgery years ago. You would be surprised how much you start to favor the injured knee and it causes you to walk differently. It affected my hip and foot and I actually required a cortisone injection to relieve those symptoms. I think I had foot/hip pain for about 6 months after my knee surgery.
It sounds like a problem with circulation to me, but she really needs to try to find another doctor to go to that can be more helpful!  if her feet aren't getting enough blood, or circulating the blood back out, it could cause the pain and swelling.  no chance she is diabetic is there? diabets offten have hard times with ciculation and with healing from cuts or infections.(or a surgery) it could be dangerous....in your mom's situation though? find a good doctor, who can answer questions, and take her seriously.