possible pregnancy after tubal ligation with spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I had a t/l 8 years ago. My last period was 01/25/06. i have had three pregnancies before. i have had syptoms (symptoms) of pg:nausea, breast tenderness, frequent urination. on 03/09/06 i had some spotting, brownish in color only when i wiped after urinating, then on 03/11/06 it became red like a period cramped for bout an hour off and on  then cramping stopped and bled for only two more days, then spotted again. Now i am still having nausea, breast tenderness and i have an achy and bloated feeling in my lower abd. and a slight back ache. i haven't been in to see my dr. i guess i don't want to hear that i'm not pregnant. i am with a new husband who has not been able to have kids and it would devastate him. i prayed for a miracle from God and i just wonder has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Hi there,
Since you've had a tubal ligation, if you are indeed pg then you are at an increased risk for having an ectopic pg.  This means the embryo implants in your fallopian tube instead of the uterus.  An ectopic pg needs to be diagnosed immediately.  Please do not mess around with this.  It is in the best interest of your health and well-being to notify your doctor, TODAY if possible, and get a blood test to find out if you're pg.  You do not want it to progress, your tube would rupture.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!!!
Had a tubal 12 yrs ago - recently had a cyst (ovary) 4cm x 6cm - Has since disappeared on its own - Have missed a period - have abdominal swelling - could I be pregnant - Would a cyst open the tubes - intercourse hurt after last period.
100% right.  See a doctor ASAP.
thanks for the 411. i will keep everyone posted. iwish i had never had my tubes tied. my new husband wants so desperatly to have a child of his own. if it turns out that im not pg we may consider ivf.
Was so worried about being pregnant - Im 46 - took a HPT - negative - LMP Feb. 13 - Might be early signs of Menopause!!
Hope all works out well for you.
Are you late or did your period finally come?  I was 15 days
late in January 2006 before my period started.  My doctor
thinks it was because I'm starting the "magic age" (I'm 47 and
will 48 in July 2006).  My February 2006 period arrived on time
and it looks my March 2006 is goind to arrive on time.  I read
until your menstrual cycle totally stops for over a year, you
can still get pregnant.  See keep on trucking.
Still waiting for period - have all symptoms of it coming though - will wait and see.
Have you taken another HPT lately?  You might think about getting a pregnancy blood test done.  Since we both had out
tubes tied, we're at higher risk for tubal pregnancies.  Just
a thought.  Keep me posted.
It finally came - Ended up getting flu - so sick and alas it came - Kind of sad I'm not preg. as my new partner has no children and I have 2.  He says as long as he has me, nothing else matters.  Anyways, we are well and hope things are well with you.  Thanks for your concern!
i also had my tubes tied... may of 02. i have had pretty regular periods up till this month. i was a week late, adn went and bought a hpt, knowing it cant be positive... i put it away, and forgot about it. well, the next time i had to pee, i remembered, adn thought, ill do it, jsut to put my mind at ease. Well, i did it, and it turned out positive, i sat there thinking, this cant be happening to me. i went to the doc... he did both a urine, adn blood.. sure enough, i am pregnant. they cant tell yet if it is etopic, but, i hope not now. if i am, due  around christmas.. grins...
i just wanted to know, if i took a preganancy test having my tubes tied, would it show if i am pregnant or not? i have my tubes tied and for the last month my breast hurt adn they are very tender. i feel a pressure in my uterus area and i have yet to see my period. my back hurts slightly and i feel very drowsy. what do you think it could be?
I had my tubes tied in 05 after my 2nd child. I have had normal, on-time periods up until this month! I started on Sunday, just like I was suppost to, and I only spotted until Tuesday. All together I would say I only lost about a 1/2 cup of blood, and it was brownish colored. Is this a sign of pregnancy? I remember some what the way I felt when I was pregnant with both of my boys, but then again...my tubes weren't tied then! I am a little confused on what I should do. Does a HPT work accurately when you have had a tubal?  Any and all advise would be so helpful, and greatly appreciated! Thanks
Im a 37yr old Mom of 5 children. I had my tubes tied almost 5yrs ago,right after my last baby. I am now late for my period,Sick to my stomache,VERY,VERY dizzy,and VERY tired,And thats nOT me, I have ALOT of energy. Also,sharp pinchy like pains that come & go on the lower left abd. side. I do have milk come out of my breast, my husband told me tonight that they seemed Bigger to him!!! I said nothing. Do you think i could be pregnant?? Im so afraid to find out. I fixed myself cuz we didnt want anymore. Our daughter was dx.with leukemia at 2yrs old and now has been off all chemo for 1year now. Our lives were totally upside down for thoose 3yrs, and still is but im very scared that i really think i am. Are the chances high that i am?  Why the milk? It wasnt there before,like months ago, i just checked and sure enough,one squeeze its there!!   HELP!!!!!!!
                 Thank You VERY VERY Much For ANYONE Here To Talk To About this.  ~Dee
hey, my last cycle was 10/25/07 i got it again 17 days later having every prego symptom, tubal done 8 yrs ago 99, i feel like yuk i hav my cycle now very heavy cramping alot unusual but with my first two kids i got my cycle twice in the same month for 5 days each i am wondering if i could be prego if so all glory goes to god who strengthens me i am praying
Wow i have had my tubes tied thought it would make me safe but after reading some of these comments im not so sure, ive had sore breasts,milk leaking etc not missed a period yet but they are getting less regular.I had my tubes done in 2004 its like my body is having a phantom pregnancy its so weird i think i will ask my partner to get sorted to so i will know were safe as we have 3 children and really cant afford any more i would be devastated if i found out i was pregnant again it would really push us money wise.
i had a tubal ligation in 2007 and i spot for 3 days i have 2 kids my self i made a big mistake when i was 24 i chose tying my stuff instead of telling my husband to leave me he is my ex husband now he was gone before i did it now i think its all my fault because i cant have nomore kids and i want more
i know exactly what ur going through i myself got my tubes tied for the wrong reasons in 2009 because of my ex he didnt want more kids so i too went and got them tied and now i regret it im also haven a few problems my self i aready had my period this month and know im getting spottin off and on and i was vomiting   this morning could this be a sing of pregnancy
I know this is an old post , but would like to enlighten some of you ladies and other ladies who will look for answers on my own experience. I have had a tubal ligation too.I thought I was pregnant and had all the symptoms of pregnancy. ( Nausea, sore breasts, tired, spotting brown, mild cramps in my back and stomach on one side,missed period, headaches, and bloating) I would test negative every time. Come to find out, I had an ovarian cyst. A cyst can make your hormones out of balance causing all the symptoms of pregnancy.
I would like to add that it is perfectly normal to have a cyst, but some women have large ones. Many times, a woman will have a cyst and it disappears on its own. It has to do with the ovary releasing an egg and causes a cyst. If you continue to have problems, I would suggest an ultrasound from a doctor. My cyst was 8 cm and that is the size of a baseball, but luckily after 2 months,it went away on its own. Some cyst require require surgery to remove them if they don't dissolve on their own.