post hysterectomy bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

post hysterectomy bleeding

Hi All, I had a complete hysterectomy on Sept. 19, 2011.  It was a robotic procedure.  After 2 weeks I starting having some pinkish blood discharge - the MD said that was normal and was the stitches dissolving.  About 6 weeks post surgery, one night in bed I had a sudden rush of blood, bright red, rushing to the bathroom a big clot dropped onto the floor. When I wiped, I saw what appeared to be a 4-6inch length of what I took to be stitching material.   Bleeding stopped after that initial gush, and went back to minimal spotting every time I peed.
The doctor saw me a few days later and said she didn't see anything and had no explanation for why or what that was but that the cuff looked fine.

Today is Dec. 16, 2011 and last week I had an MRI which showed that all organs were normal, and the area of the operation looked fine and normal.
I continue to bleed - small amounts almost every time I pee.  It is usually red not pink and the doctor has seen me 3 times and she has no explanations.
My feeling is that it is NOT normal to bleed, especially when there is nothing to bleed from. I've seen a few people on here who have had similar experiences and wonder if anyone else has this and what the outcome was???? Please respond.
Thank you