post op vaginal problems
I have recently had laparoscopic cecectomy and partial hemicolrctomy. Two days after surgery I noticed a whitish vaginal discharge and irritation. I have been taking both oral medication and vaginal inserts for the last three days to treat a yeast infection with no relief. I have irritated skin from my clitoris down to my anal area. I have a whitish/yellowish vaginal discharge with no odor. It's painful when I urinate. Could this be something else besides a yeast infection.
Definitely sounds like a yeasr infection, so I'm not sure why nothing has helped it. Maybe it needs stronger treatment. I would see your doctor. Could maybe some kind of reaction since having the surgery.
Bear with me, this worked for me in 2 days;  I researched all kinds of home remedies.  I was getting UTI's and would take antibiotics and I would get yeast infections.  One was so bad I just couldn't get rid of it and it was BAD.  I researched homeopathic solutions and this worked for me, fast.  First, I douched with a very diluted vineger douche;(bought it at Walmart. It might burn a little.  Make sure it is less than 1/2 and 12 dilution)  

Then I bought some PLAIN yogurt, no sugar added. I took a small baster and put as much yogurt in it as I could and inserted into the vagina.  I did it a couple times so I was sure I got at least two tablespoons worth of yogurt inserted.  (They say you can put it on a tampon and insert it or soak a tampon in the yorgurt but I did not try that) I did this at night and went to bed so the yogurt didn't come out. I also put a little yogurt on the outside where as it was very irritated.  

I bought a Probiotic in capsule form and I took two that night and two in the morning for a few days.  After that I took one or two per day.  I still take one every night.

I also found AZO for Yeast. At Walmart it is in the condom/lubricant section where the Pamprin is.  I took two that night and two in the morning for several days.  I still take one or two every day.

By morning it was much better. I did the same routine the second night and by morning it was completely gone!  There is something about the active culture plain Yogurt and probiotic that really works quickly.  

AZO makes a tablet for UTI's that I use daily also. I have not had a UTI or a yeast infection in 5 months.  Good Luck!

Yoghurt is one of the main things that can treat yeast infections and many people try this. However, a lot of the time it doesn't actually take away the entire infection, it just soothes it and stops the symptoms making it appear like it's gone, but it will most likely come back at some point.

Yeast infections are a very common side effect being on antibiotics. If you've had a yeast infection, but still continuing to have sex then that could make it appear like the infection is not clearing. But what many people don't know is that yeast infections can be passed back and forth from you and your partner.

A probiotic is just a vitamin. It doesn't actually do anything to treat a yeast infection, it just supports your immune system. They're particularly good if you've been on antibiotics and they help bring back all the good bacteria etc into your stomach and balance things out.