precautions after intercourse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

precautions after intercourse

Hello, I am working girl. I have a very close friend and we share a strong, close, intimate relationship. Recently we made love & ended up having intercourse without use of condom.After few hours I was having little pain. I am worried because we had intercourse on 13th day from my last period. Should I be taking any precautions? What things I should be taking care of henceforth? Will I get my next periods regularly? I don't want to conceive as we will land in a deep trouble. Kindly suggest.
I believe the emergency contraceptive pills are only effective up to 72 hours after intercourse. I am not sure where you live, but hopefully you can locate a clinic that can offer some advice.

Andrea
I highly doubt that the pain you felt within hours of intercourse was you getting pregnant. It doesn't happen that quickly. It sounds to me that you may have something else wrong and should see your doctor to rule out an STD or any other medical condition. While you're there, look into being put on the pill or go to Planned Parenthood and get it for free.
i was having pain during intercourse and can't the pain be because of having intercourse for the first time. After that there was no pain
was this your first time? you said you experienced some pain after intercourse. what about during? if it was the first time, yes it can hurt (at least it did me). where exactly did it hurt/pain come from? sometimes i can be very crampy afterwards.your 1st post said you felt pain after and your last post said during. maybe you could be a little more specific about the type of pain?
Let me be more specific. With this partner I had intercourse for the first time without condom. First time when I had intercourse, he used condom i didnot felt so much pain and i bled little bit. First time having intercouse without condom he touched me till the last layer , he was completely within me. While he was entering & pushing himself within me i felt pinching pain.. He did not ejaculate within me but still I would like to confirm that i am not pregnant. After an hr or so i felt little pain in vagina (my vagina was dry, felt as if it was getting stretched lil bit) and then that vanished in sometime. After few hours of intercourse i was having pain in my thighs. Only one thing i have noticed in me is that after intercourse i ate very little and my toilet has become regular. My regular period takes place every 28 days & this month expected date is 10th july. I can't stop thinking about it. Please help me

I also want to ask that what affects the diet??Because whenever i eat i feel as if i have had too much.I feel my stomach as if its gonna burst out. Regularly i have a flat stomach but in last 3 days i feel as if air is getting filled.
in comment C5 I meant to say that my toilet has become irregular. From yesterday I have backache & am very uncomfortable due to irregular toilet