pregnacy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

pregnacy

My daughter is in her second trimester of pregnacy she went to obgyn today he informs her that he found a spot on the babys heart. She is 25 this is her second child she did not have the genetic blood test in her first trimester to rule out birth  defects. He told her that this spot was found in downs babys but could not rule this out because she did not have the test done. What is this spot called and what kind of further testing can be done to rule out a downs baby?
the baby may have a heart murmur not only downs babys get this but everybaby is at a risk, most murmurs heal on their within a year, try not to worry, if there is no down syndrome in family you should be fine
Amniocentesis should be done.  
Oh, I need to add, that my cousin was told that her little girl would have 95% chance of having missing limbs, defects, and down syndrome, and they should abort at 6mnth gestation.  I just want you to know that her little girl is 11 now, and perfectly healthy.  What will be, will be, and you just have to do your best to support and care.  A child with a defect just needs a little more love, attention, and care.  Best of luck to you and your children.