Women's Health Community
pregnancy, mirena, and negative pregnancy tests?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pregnancy, mirena, and negative pregnancy tests?

ok, so i have the mirena for three years now. and i feel like i am pregnant. ever since i have the mirena i have had some what "regular" periods. they usually are about 5-7 days and then light pink discharge for another 4-5 days(i haven't been the biggest fan of the mirena because it has cause a lot of infections.) a couple months ago i was put on an antibiotic and while i was on it, i had unprotected sex.  ever since oct. i have been having very light and short periods, headaches, soar breasts and my nipples have gotten larger and some nausea. i did not have any sickness with my first pregnancy so i am pretty confused as to what is going on. i have taken about 12 pregnancy tests and they have all said negative. i even went to the dr last week and they took a urine sample and said i wasn't pregnant. they didn't do blood work or anything. one thing that came to me last night was i didn't realize was pregnant the first time until i was 9 weeks. if i became pregnant when i think i did, i would be 12 wks. my questions is has anyone ever gotten pregnant on the mirena and if so, did they take a pregnancy test and it said negative a few times before they had a positive?? i am wondering if the hormones in my birth control are throwing off the pregnancy tests?