pregnancy after an IUD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

pregnancy after an IUD

I have had an IUD  for almost five years. I am now 26 years old and I want to have more children.  Does having the IUD lower the chances of getting pregnant? About how soon after I have the IUD removed will it take to get pregnant?
After the removal you should get you regular cycle, 2 weeks after that you can get pregnant. I had mine removed, and two weeks later got pregnant. I had the Mirena for 3 years. The doctor told me it would take 3-6 months, but I guess not.  GOod luck
I just got my Mirena IUD removed on 2-22-10 I hope to get pregnant soon.  Do anyone know how long it will take to get my cycle regularly?  I was spotting when I had the IUD and not getting a regular cycle.
I had my iud in for about 8 months..My husband was coming back from deployement and we decided to ttc. I had what I thought was my period on the 28th of Febuary, I have my iud removed on the 11th, I was supposed to be ovulating the 11th-14th. Once my iud was removed I started bleeding heavly on the 12th for about six days. My husband and I have had sex almost everyday. I expected to get my period on the 28th of March it is now the 2nd of April and I still have not had my period. I have taken 9 test all negative, 4 ovulation test all negative. I dont know what is happening and it is so frustrating. I had high hopes that I  might be pregnant (and that it was too early to detect)  After reading the fourm and seeing other womens expricences with the iud I fear that I am just expirencing the normal proccess that occurs after iud removal. Is it possible that I am pregnant and it is too early to tell? Could the bleeding on the 12th have been my period? If so then I still could have concived since I should have been ovulating after. I am so confused I want to be pregnant soooo bad and I am confused. I sort of want to wait my husband tells me I am pregnant, but lets face it hes my husband. I dont want to go to the doctors I will feel dissapointed/embarssed if I go and I am not pregant. Any advice?
I just removed my Mirena myself on March 13th....does anyone know how long it'll take me to get pregnant?
I got an IUD Mirena 8/2008 & I just got it removed 3/14/2012 ( a few days ago) My husband & I have 4 kids already 3 boys and a 3 1/2 yr old girl we want another  :)  The IUD worked great for us the entire time we havent had no probles but I also had no periods either. I am bleeding a bit now and am not sure if its a period or from the removal. I had to have it surgically removed because when I went into the Dr.s office to get it removed they could'nt find the string ;( . Well it it out and I really had no complaints, just so excited to get prego again!! I will keep you posted! mg
I hope asap because I just got mine removed also on 3/14/12!! I cant wait to get prego, I keep hearing different stories so I guess I will have to wait and see. Keep me posted & Best wishes to you <3
I was reading information on removal of iud and how soon you can become pregnant. My dh and I have 4 kids 3 girls 1 boy. Had my iud put in 6 weeks after his birth in July 2009 and had it removed Feb 13, 2012. I started period ( well I believe it was clots and all) sorry tmi on Feb 16. It is now March 18 and still no period . I have take 3 test on the 15,16 of March and all negative. I am hoping it is just too early to tell. Can I be pregnant and it.be too early so confused and trying not to get my hopes up it hard, then reading tubal pregnancies command after removal and twins.... The twins I wouldn't mind but the other I would.... Any advise
Keep me posted on the next pregnancy test! :) Best wishes to everyone!
Well I had my iud for almost 4yrs. I had it removed the 20th of this month and every since my breast and nipples has been killing me. And I am so bloated. I haven't came on my cycle yet. My boyfriend and son are hoping I get pregnant soon.
I think march was the national month for the iud removal... Lol I got my iud removed on march 17th, and got my period on april 3rd. My husband and I have 2 girls, I had the mirena for 2 1/2 years, the first year with it in was perfectly normal except for no periods, but the second one was horrible, I was bleeding for most of the year after intercourse. So I took it out, and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to start a normal cycle of 28 days, tomorrow it will be the day that I'm ment ro get my period, but for some reason I don't think it will come ( just a gut feeling like everyone) howling do you think I should wait before getting a pregnancy test??? Did everyone have a norm cycle after the second month??  Good luck to all hopefully we will have a baby boom in 9 months!!
I get my IUD taken out today..yaaa!!!.. I've had it for 3 yrs,so i hope everything goes well..my hubby & I already have 2 boys,so were hoping for a little girl this time....u guys comments are very helpful..thanks!! I Will keep yall posted on my journey to becoming prego...keep fingers crossed!!!
i had my iud removed dec12th cycle came the next day. Now is like every 30days me and my husband are trying for a baby any surgestions its been 9mos.???????????/
Need some advice just married daughter from before relaship 8 years. new hubby been deployed three months ago we live in a one bedroom house it is on the market my man has asked me to have the iud removed for his r&r so we can try for a baby. My head says no my heart says yes. Help.