pregnancy after an IUD
I have had an IUD  for almost five years. I am now 26 years old and I want to have more children.  Does having the IUD lower the chances of getting pregnant? About how soon after I have the IUD removed will it take to get pregnant?
After the removal you should get you regular cycle, 2 weeks after that you can get pregnant. I had mine removed, and two weeks later got pregnant. I had the Mirena for 3 years. The doctor told me it would take 3-6 months, but I guess not.  GOod luck
I just got my Mirena IUD removed on 2-22-10 I hope to get pregnant soon.  Do anyone know how long it will take to get my cycle regularly?  I was spotting when I had the IUD and not getting a regular cycle.
I had my iud in for about 8 months..My husband was coming back from deployement and we decided to ttc. I had what I thought was my period on the 28th of Febuary, I have my iud removed on the 11th, I was supposed to be ovulating the 11th-14th. Once my iud was removed I started bleeding heavly on the 12th for about six days. My husband and I have had sex almost everyday. I expected to get my period on the 28th of March it is now the 2nd of April and I still have not had my period. I have taken 9 test all negative, 4 ovulation test all negative. I dont know what is happening and it is so frustrating. I had high hopes that I  might be pregnant (and that it was too early to detect)  After reading the fourm and seeing other womens expricences with the iud I fear that I am just expirencing the normal proccess that occurs after iud removal. Is it possible that I am pregnant and it is too early to tell? Could the bleeding on the 12th have been my period? If so then I still could have concived since I should have been ovulating after. I am so confused I want to be pregnant soooo bad and I am confused. I sort of want to wait my husband tells me I am pregnant, but lets face it hes my husband. I dont want to go to the doctors I will feel dissapointed/embarssed if I go and I am not pregant. Any advice?
I just removed my Mirena myself on March 13th....does anyone know how long it'll take me to get pregnant?
I got an IUD Mirena 8/2008 & I just got it removed 3/14/2012 ( a few days ago) My husband & I have 4 kids already 3 boys and a 3 1/2 yr old girl we want another  :)  The IUD worked great for us the entire time we havent had no probles but I also had no periods either. I am bleeding a bit now and am not sure if its a period or from the removal. I had to have it surgically removed because when I went into the Dr.s office to get it removed they could'nt find the string ;( . Well it it out and I really had no complaints, just so excited to get prego again!! I will keep you posted! mg
I hope asap because I just got mine removed also on 3/14/12!! I cant wait to get prego, I keep hearing different stories so I guess I will have to wait and see. Keep me posted & Best wishes to you <3
I was reading information on removal of iud and how soon you can become pregnant. My dh and I have 4 kids 3 girls 1 boy. Had my iud put in 6 weeks after his birth in July 2009 and had it removed Feb 13, 2012. I started period ( well I believe it was clots and all) sorry tmi on Feb 16. It is now March 18 and still no period . I have take 3 test on the 15,16 of March and all negative. I am hoping it is just too early to tell. Can I be pregnant and it.be too early so confused and trying not to get my hopes up it hard, then reading tubal pregnancies command after removal and twins.... The twins I wouldn't mind but the other I would.... Any advise
Keep me posted on the next pregnancy test! :) Best wishes to everyone!
Well I had my iud for almost 4yrs. I had it removed the 20th of this month and every since my breast and nipples has been killing me. And I am so bloated. I haven't came on my cycle yet. My boyfriend and son are hoping I get pregnant soon.
I think march was the national month for the iud removal... Lol I got my iud removed on march 17th, and got my period on april 3rd. My husband and I have 2 girls, I had the mirena for 2 1/2 years, the first year with it in was perfectly normal except for no periods, but the second one was horrible, I was bleeding for most of the year after intercourse. So I took it out, and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to start a normal cycle of 28 days, tomorrow it will be the day that I'm ment ro get my period, but for some reason I don't think it will come ( just a gut feeling like everyone) howling do you think I should wait before getting a pregnancy test??? Did everyone have a norm cycle after the second month??  Good luck to all hopefully we will have a baby boom in 9 months!!
I get my IUD taken out today..yaaa!!!.. I've had it for 3 yrs,so i hope everything goes well..my hubby & I already have 2 boys,so were hoping for a little girl this time....u guys comments are very helpful..thanks!! I Will keep yall posted on my journey to becoming prego...keep fingers crossed!!!
i had my iud removed dec12th cycle came the next day. Now is like every 30days me and my husband are trying for a baby any surgestions its been 9mos.???????????/
Need some advice just married daughter from before relaship 8 years. new hubby been deployed three months ago we live in a one bedroom house it is on the market my man has asked me to have the iud removed for his r&r so we can try for a baby. My head says no my heart says yes. Help.