pregnancy after vasectomy

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

pregnancy after vasectomy

I am 42 years old and my husband had a vasectomy 15 years ago. I am almost 2 weeks late with my period and have NEVER missed one unless I was pregnan. Could I be pregnant? Is that possible?
At 42, it could be a perimenopause symptom.  It's not so likely for you to get spontaneously pregnant as it was at, say, 22.  Perimenopause can go on for 10 years, and the average American woman goes through menopause at around 52, so it wouldn't be entirely surprising.  That said, was your husband tested after his vasectomy to be sure his sperm count was 0?  If you find you are pregnant, and there is no other explanation but your husband, insist he go in for another sperm count so you won't have to defend against a bunch of suspicion from him.
In my opinion, the likelihood of pregnancy is extremely remote. However, given your age (42), my guess would be that the missed period may be connected with biological/ hormonal changes associated with Peri-Menopause.
I became pregnant after my husband had a vasectomy.  Post- op 2 years.  He had the test 3 months post op and the result was negative.  Two years later I became pregnant ( by him) and he went for the test again and the result was 0 sperm seen. Either the lab messed up or there is more contraversery about vasectomies than we are aware of.  Yes, a DNA was done and yes we went through hell and back.  Well, allmost back.
Risa615 commented on Saw the babies again ...
1 hr ago
jenniferand3 added the Pregnancy Tracker
msmccoy commented on Tired of Genital Burn...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals