pregnancy? precum? morning after pill?
Ok. Here's the deal.
I am very careful about sex meaning I barely ever have it and when I do it is only when I'm with a man I very much trust.
So I had sex with someone and I told him he HAD to use protection (like I said, I am very careful). He did, during most of the sex, but before that he had put his penis inside me a few times without it, although I objected. He did *** earlier that evening (gave him a ********). I took the morning after pill that evening just because I am extra paranoid about these things and I know yo can get preg from pre***. What worries me most is that when it happened I was at my most fertile time.
My period should come sometime next week.
I am still worried because my life is no place for a kid right now and I have so many genetic health issues (type 1 diabetes, thyroid problems, severe food allergies, vitamin deficiencies) I am not sure I even want kids ever anyways cuz I dont want to pass them on.
So PLEASE tell me what do you think and how bad are the chances of pregnancy etc?
You already know you can get pregnant from pre ejaculation. You're playing Russian Roulette with his "gun". There's a chance of getting pregnant on birth control and using a condom (my sister in law did (condom broke)), and if you're not using protection (at any point during sex) your chances are greater, especially during your fertile time. We can't tell you if you did get pregnant you have to wait and test to find out. You already know you could have gotten pregnant, use protection the WHOLE time next time, or consider birth control. Good luck.
By the way I don't know if you meant to ask a question about the morning after pill, but there's a timeframe in which you can take it and it's not 100% effective.
I know. I took all the precautions I could I really wasn't expecting him to put it in without a condom, I got really pissed. I mean, he did put it on before he continued, but like you guys said you can get pregnant from pre-***.
I took the pill about 4 hours after the sex.
does anyone know anything about the chances of pregnancy in this situation?
did you take the second dosage of the pill?
yes I did I took it 12 hours after the first like the package said.
also, how soon can I take a pregnancy test?
I know that with the condom and the pill there is significant protection, but I am terribly worried. I do not live anywhere near any family and I don't know who to ask for help if I need it. Also, although I work, I am a full time student and don't have have much money so I don't know how much seeing a physician costs if I need to get any sort of procedure?
Some home pregnancy tests you can take a couple days before and/or up to the time your period is supposed to start. i would just wait until your period is supposed to start and if it doesn't start within a couple days then take a home preg test(also just to be sure if it comes back negative and your period doesn't start for another week I'd take another one)
ok thanks!
I'll take one next week if I don't get my period at the normal time.
Does anyone know anything about the chances I might have of being preg with the precum/morning after pill factors accounted for?
you should wait 3-7 days after your period is due to take a test for a more accurate result.
ok I'll do that.
Is there anything else I should do now to reduce chances, or any other medications I should take or anything?
Also, does the morning after pill make you bloated/give you cramps cuz I am getting that a little.
the bad thing is if you did conceive then it wont do anything. but you should have "caught" it in time to be ok. but the dollar store carries pregnancy tests. the health department offers "free" services. and if you go to the doctor they can give you a blood test alot sooner to see if you are indeed pregnant. Some of the hme pregnancy tests say "5 days sooner" but i have never been so lucky with that the earliest ive been able to get a positive is the day before im due to start or the day of. i have 3 children myself so ive been through it a few times..not to mention 2 mc . so.. id say you may be lucky but preg # 4 for me was the pull out method and # 5 i had the iud that expelled itsself with in days after having unprotected sex.  so anything is possible!
      good luck keep us posted.......dont stress too much..pregnancies are a blessing in disguise :)  
Ok, thanks, I definitely will get the tests as soon as I am around the period time frame, so next weekish.
I am just praying that I am ok. It's really not fair because its not even something I wanted to do, I told him he had to use a condom, etc...I told him to stop right away. I guess he was just another *******. I know a lot of people have been in this boat before but I am really scared. I am a straight - A honors student at a highly recognized university 10 hours away from most of my close family and friends, and I rely on research grants from my labwork and department funding for housing and income, this is not something I ever would have imagined happening to me. Also, I know it may be a blessing, but it might be a mixed blessing if the baby has diabetes. I havent been able to sleep barely at all. Sorry to rant. I'm just so scared. I am only 19 and this is also no good.
ok
so tell me if this is sort of right.
I did some more reading and figure that the chances of getting pregnant from precum are about 25%. If there is  a 5% chance of getting pregnant with the morning after pill then the total chance of pregnancy is 1.25%.
I bought first response and can I use it monday if my period is due friday, or is best to wait until tuesday?
thanks girls
ok
so I got my period and I am def NOT pregnant (WHEW)
and the reason I felt so awful like there was a rock in my stomach is because my appendix was about to burst!!! (got that taken care of at the ER)
I am out of the hospital, getting better from the appendix removal, and am nonetheless in the future going to be VERY careful about using protection always just to avoid the anxiety.