pregnancy scare.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

pregnancy scare.

how soon can i take a pregnancy test?? Did not have sexual intercourse but keep getting paranoid about being pregnant!.. If someone could advice me as to how soon i can take a test to ease my mind. I am 5 days away from my period date and it has been 13 days since the activity of my boyfriend fingering me and ejaculating outside happened. Im really stressed about this.
There are tests you can buy at your pharmacy that will tell you yes or no three days after unprotectced sex.  I doubt you are pregnant, considering your post.  Get the test anyway, so you feel better.  And consider going on birth control, please.  Always use a condom during sexual activity, also.  Try to have a good day, blessings - Blu
i do use condoms when i have intercourse, but i still get panicked about pregnancy hence decided not to have sex. This time my boyfriend just fingered me and ejaculated outside no where near my vaginal area..his penis did touch my vagina but that was long before he came and also his tip never touched me..so there is no chance of pregnancy but still my mind keeps getting paranoid. Hence i just want to know already to move on with my life, its really stressing me out!..hope u understand :) thanx i ll take a test on the day my period is due it should be accurate by then rite?
I thought the soonest was as soon as a missed period.  Could you tell us the name or send me a link?  I don't think the embryo would have even implanted and started producing hCG at 3 days.  

@Shruti17: I think you have no chance of being pregnant from this.  It is possible to get pregnant from precum, but it's a much smaller chance than with ejaculate, and you probably didn't even get any precum inside you.  If you look for failure rates of different contraceptive methods, you will see a table that shows what percentage of couples got pregnant while using a method, and there's a section for perfect use and normal use (how people normally use it, which includes when they screw it up).  For people using the withdrawal method, in which they have intercourse but don't ejaculate inside, the failure rate is 4% per year.  Perfect use for condoms is about 2% per year, and normal use for condoms is about 15% per year (number skewed I think by people who only use condoms sometimes).  Not using any method is 85% per year.

Anyway, if you study that table, it should give you a better handle on how likely you are to get pregnant from certain things.  If you are really scared about getting pregnant, I urge you to talk to your doctor about birth control.  Use condoms as well, because the combination of methods makes it extremely difficult to get pregnant.  If you can't take a pill at the same time every day, consider the patch (once a week) or the NuvaRing.
I agree that there is virtually no chance that you'd get pregnant in the manner you describe.  I would also think that maybe sex is causing you anxiety and might not be a good thing for you to do in any form for the time being.  good luck