pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

pregnancy

hi my name is nicole im on reclipsen and i think that i am pregnant heres why i got really enlarged breast and my veins are big along with my nipples are changing and my breast are tender but the most interesting thing is i feel full in my stomach and i have funny feelings when my husband and i go out and i am riding in the car but i also wanted to say i had a tubal where it was burned and cauterized and i know the risks and side effects of reclipsen and the chances to get pregnant while on the pill and my tubal too but just wanted to know if i was pregant
0%
 (0) 
great
0%
 (0) 
awesome
0 Members voted
Tubal ligation, regardless of whether the tubes are cut, burned, clipped, banded, or tied, is about 99 percent effective, meaning that about 1 percent of women will conceive an unplanned pregnancy after tubal ligation. This failure occurs slightly more frequently in younger women and after 3 years of tubal ligation.

The tubes have evolved in such a way as to try to heal themselves (like when the ends are cut and sutured, they may rejoin after sutures dissolve), and sometimes a tract(mostly endometriosis) develops that allows egg and sperm to meet.Hence there is an increased risk of having an ectopic pregnancy. Hence to confirm the status of pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.