??pregnant after tubal ligation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

??pregnant after tubal ligation

Hi! I had a tubal ligation in Dec 2004 using a clip. For the past three weeks I have been experiencining nausea ++ and fatigue. Now even some smells are driving me mad! I already have 4 children and am very familiar with morning sickness. I have  had a neg preg test and been to the doctor, who advised me to wait and see.
Did any of you ladies who have fallen pregnant after tubal ligation had similar experiences? Also, what method of ligation did u have?
I had a ligation a year ago. I experienced the symptoms that you mentioned but that was after the surgery. Lasted nearly a month. I don't have children so I can't say I have experienced morning sickness. I also gained about 10 lbs which is a bummer but I don't have to worry about children nor the pill.

I suggest going back to the doctor that did the surgery and have a consultation with him/her, if possible.
I had my tubal done in March 2004 and have been regular with no real problems except the first 2 days of my period it's really really heavy.  I've always had a little cramping too but nothing major.  I too have been having things happen that are not normal.  I had my af March 5, and then on March 29 it was like a spotting it wasn't normal cause it happend the one time and it was a brownish. If that was my af then I'm due agian like Sunday. But for the past three weeks I've been craving weird food and I'm not tired all the time like I useually am but I've also been nauseious (spelling?).  For the last week I've had the tenderness and swelling. I'm not getting the usuall pms symptoms that I've always had, like the cramping and the bloating.  I'm not too worried about it cause I know the chances are slim too none, and I have got to have the worst luck in the world.  I regret ever having my tubes tied.
I had my tubes cut, burned, etc almost 6 years ago.   I too regret having my tubes tied.  I've gained weight, had more
pain, and have had more wierd periods since my tubal ligation.
Did your period start today?  If not, are you going to take
a HPT to see if your pregnant?  Good luck!
You know I had three sisters and a neice who had the tubal done and they regreted ever having it done too.One said she wished she could of had more children ,and they all have had medical problems since theirs.
I had my tubes tied in Feb. 2005 and I have recently been experiencing pregnancy symptoms. I am a week and a half late and my breasts are sensitive. I also have been having to go to the bathroom alot more than normal. I have 2 children and all of this is exactly the same as it was with them!!! I'm so NERVOUS! I was told to get my tubes tied because if I were to have another baby it would seriously hurt my health. WHAT SHOULD I DO???!!! I'm so nervous!!!
hello i had my tubal aug. 2001 i also been getting symptoms i regret having the surgery i also want another child alot of my friens think im crazy cause im 40 have 5 children n 3 and ahalf grandkids ive been wanting another child n i think these feelings are all in my mind is it possible
I have had my tubes tied for 8 years now and my periods since the tubal have been normal. This month I spotted for a cpl of days and it seems like my breast have gotten bigger. Does this mean I could be pregnant. I regret having my tubes tied.