pregnant cramps!!!!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

pregnant cramps!!!!!!!

i know i posted about cramping while pregnant a little while ago but they have been hurting! almost close to the cramps i had during my mc. there is no blood but just cramps that are hellacious! is it normal? i am only like 3 weeks now maybe 4. has any one else had this?
Who_is_this is right.  "hellacious" cramps should be addressed by your doctor.
If any has or hasn't had this, makes zero difference in your case.  Severe cramping needs the attention of a doctor.  Glad to see you have an appt.
I'm also only just pregnant and experienced severe lower abdominal cramping (similar to period pains) around the time of my expected period. I've subsequently talked to a specialist and have been told that unless the cramps are accompanied by bleeding, they are probably not serious. I'm now five weeks pregnant and although I'm still struggling with lower back pain, the cramps have eased up.
I'm sure that your doctor will set your mind at rest. I hope everything works out for you.
If the cramping is that bad, please ask your doctor.
i already have an appointement. i just would like to know if anyone else out there has had this too.
i am sure its not ectopic because they would be frequent. its just usually at night when i try to sleep. they go away and come back and last only 5 min at the most. im not worried too much because i feel fine. thanks for concern though! oh - and only 2 or 3 times a night
Thing to be concerned about if you are cramping and not bleeding is ectopic.  I wouldn't write it off as "just" cramps if they are that severe.  If you can't stand it and the doctor appointment is too far off, do go to the emergency room.  Good luck!
Yeah like above from what Ive read unless theres blood then they dont see it as serious. Whens the appt? If its a bit far away and the pains are still really bad to the point u cant do anything just go A&E and see if they will help. If not when u go to the dr tell them u want something done dont just get fobbed off. If u see ANY blood go straight to A&E.

All the best keep in touch if u can
What threw me off is the description of the cramping as "hellacious".  That implies doubling over, severe pain.  Pain of that nature is an emergency, no matter of the time of day or night you would need to be seen immediately.  

I'm glad it only seems to be mild, and a couple of times a night.  Hopefully all is well.  

oh - i forgot - the appointment is next week. sorry i confused ya'll.  i figured hellacious because they were more than menstrual cramps but not to make me cry or double over. but enough to lay down and not sleep thru night cause they wake me up and just irritate me. sorry for confusion! thanks for the posts though :)
i am 4 weeks pregnant, been to er twice for blood work and ultrasound because i have been getting intense cramping pains for 7 days. the pains are worse at night and usually occure about 2hr appart. the ultrasound showed all was fine and so did the blood work. i dont know why im getting such severe cramping. asked the doctor twice about the cramping and he said it is ligements stretching. if any one knows of a way to help with the pain or as to why i get the cramping so severe that would be great. thanx
I have been getting horrible cramps in the sides of my stomach (i'm prego) they feel like when you just ate or drank then tried to run. They even wake me when I sleep they hurt so bad. This is my 3rd pregnancy & I never felt this pain before