pregnant or something serious??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

pregnant or something serious??

Hi. I am 34 years old and never been pregnant. In all my years of having a period, I have NEVER missed or have been late for a period. I'm as regular as they come. I have NEVER taken birth control in my life. I had sex with my bf on the last day of a short period. They usually last about 4 days. About 8 days later I wiped and there was a pink line on toilet paper. Then it started feeling almost like a period again. Only this was much much lighter. Like only the tip of a tampon would have brown or blood on it or whatever. Lasted a few days. Then it was gone. That has never happened to me before in all of the 21 years I have been menstruating.  I began looking it up and all that was really coming up was implantation bleeding. Sounded just like that. Well I took a hpt and was negative. Well now I'm 8 days late on my period I went to doctor a few days ago and their urine test came up negative. But then I read and some women have said they couldn't get positive until 10 weeks pregnant. The only thing that I'm concerned about is that if I'm not pregnant, what else could it be. I'm not stressed at all, I don't exercise excessively, no change in routine and no major weight gain or loss. Ohhh and when I was supposed to have my period, I got cramps like it was coming and never came. I was in bathroom checking about 42 times a day lol. My bf and my family want me to be preg. I'm scared to disappoint them because I don't think I can get preg. Thanks for reading.
It's potentially a possibility.  Urine tests are simply not as sensitive as blood tests, and as you said, some women don't show positive for a little while.  I would consider letting the doctor run some tests just to ensure it's not something else that's leading to the missed period before getting hopes up.  Best wishes!
Hi there and welcome.  Well, I actually believe urine tests to be pretty accurate.  The people that claim to not get a positive until 10 weeks are few and far between in reality.  I think statistically, it's about 1 percent.  

But that is still 1 percent and maybe you are one of that 1 percent.  What about a blood test?  That is about as accurate as you can get.  Will your doctor give you a blood test?  

Now, I had an issue with my thyroid that came out of nowhere.  My period went from regular/normal to being every three to four months due to a slow thyroid.  That is another thing to have checked if your period continues to be absent.  I had a bit of spotting here and there and actually symptoms that some would associate with pregnancy but were really PMS symptoms just really drawn out over the time of that three month wait for my period.  

why do you think you can't have kids by the way??  What has ever made you think that?  
The fact that pregnancy hasn't happened and I had an accident and fell on some pokes while walking on them when I was 11 years old. Rushed to er and did major surgery because I was cut open so badly. I figured the scarring or procedure had me infertile. I'm anemic also so I'm usually tired so i can't even countthat as a ssymptom. I've been doing nothing but looking stuff up and reading related posts to mine, but always coming up with pregnant. It is just weird how regular I always was and now this is happening. I'm stuck in a pickle without health insurance right now. My bf and mom and coworkers say I'm moody, but u think that's just low tolerance for BS. Thanks for responding.
Oh and I did have my thyroid checked last year and came back fine. I had insurance for a year then started new job and lost it.
Are there any county run clinics in your area?  Many of those provide low to no cost health care for those in need.