pregnant the day after period ends?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

pregnant the day after period ends?

Hoping you might have some good advice as I'm completely confused. The last time I had intercourse was 1 or 2 days after my last period ended. I've had an EXTREMELY stressful month but I'm starting to wonder if it's stress affecting me or maybe pregnancy? I started spotting a day or 2 before my next period was due (which NEVER happens and I'm in my early 30's), it stopped; still no period. I took a home test which came up negative, but may have been too early. It's been another 6 days and still nothing. Debating on spending the money on another test or if I should wait it out. I'm really unaware of how much stress can really effect that or if one can even ovulate that soon after the fact.
Thanks for any advice you can give!
some women swear by having sex after you period, b/c many women get pregnant this way. stress can delay your period though. esp when your thinking your pregnant, every time i think i am i'm late! hope this sheds some light and you get the answer you want.
I did get pregnant the day after my period ended with my first child, but I need to add that it was my last BC induced cylce so my body was totally out of wack including ovulation.
well after reading the first 2 comments I did take another HPT and it again came up negative. Thanks SO MUCH for your input. I'm really glad to have found this forum .. we'll see what happens after another week I guess!
I would agree that it is definitely possible, although not incredibly common, to get pregnant that quickly after your period ends. However, stress is a HUGE factor. I actually skipped a period TWO MONTHS in a row (went 87 days without a period) because of stress. If I was you, I would take another pregnancy test Saturday morning if you haven't started by then, but be sure to take it first thing in the morning to increase the credibility of it. Good luck!
extrememe stress can delay your ovulation... so I would wait another week and take another hpt just to be on the "safe" side
its very possible that u r pregnant. ladies the easiest time 2 get pregnant is on ur cycle. u really need 2 go 2 the doctor bc i with my pregnancies my urine test never showed up positive. stress can affect ur body alot not just with ur cycle but with wieght, ur motivation 2 do things, ur sleeping habits and a whole lot. please go 2 the doctor and tell them what is going on and they can let u no 4 sure so u dot stress about wondering whats going on with ur body.
I think you may be right. 10 days late, I've been eating like crazy and not exercising and still lost 3 pounds this week. I figured I would wait till Tursday and take another HPT (that would be 2 weeks late and I am ALWAYS on a schedule) .. I just don't know what to think. Thank you again!
ghghhgf
yes you can my period started on Jan. 29th and ended on feb 3rd i got pregnant on feb 6th my cycles are about 23 days
i don't know what to do- my boyfriend and i had sex for the first time the other day, the DAY after my unexpectedly short period ended. it was for a very short time, but we didn't use a condom because i thought maybe the period would pick up again seeing as how it was four days instead of the usual seven. but now i have lower stomach cramps, weakness, fatigue, and my limbs feel like jello. any advice?
I had unprotected sex twice and took only one dose of Emergency Contraceptive. I also did not take the second dose within the 12hr. window.  How likely am  I to get pregnant?
it depends on when you had sex in relation to your period
so i dont have a period so they put me on birth control  three weeks on the pill and 2 weeks off because i didnt get my period the first week. i got it on the second week and then on that sunday i started my pills again after being off for 2 weeks. i had unprotected sex on monday, then tuesday i started having thick clear discharge  when i pee. could i get pregnant at this time?